Vista Reformat

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dv8
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Vista Reformat

Postby Dv8 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:58 pm

Hi peeps HHD Crash

Need to reformat using vista .

With xp i could use the command /FDISK -delete partition -create partition etc .

After the crash , i put vista in , i thought i was just installing windows over the top and keep everything on C:drive
But seems it overwrite the drive and now i have and (old windows) folder BUT ive lost my music and photos .

Is anybody familiar with this ? Can i salvage photo's , music etc or are they gone ?

And if so , k there gone but can i reformat doing a clean install of vista , aka /FDISK

Thanks all ....

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:05 pm

why vista , why not 7 ?
7 is way better than vista,and 7 will let you get ur old files back

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:53 pm

Yer never tried 7 , allready done tho , comp crashed so put vista in as it asked for boot disk , i thought i was just
re-installing vista over vista , so thought it was just going to repair vista not clean install as it seems to , allthough
apart for the (old windows) folder ...

Anyways it seems to have saved everything else in it apart from photos and music aghh .....

crooGz
Clan Member

Postby crooGz » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:41 pm

If all the photos were in a user profile, it should be in the Windows.Old folder.

If not, then the photos may still exist, just in a deleted state on the disk.

If you really care about them, get a pro, and stop using the computer, since continued paging and other disk writes (like event logs, and such) could be jeopardising any hope of recovering your photos.

If recovered, expect your photosto not to have any useful names, and also expect to get back some damaged photos, that might also include data from your internet cache, etc.

Good Luck.

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:59 am

Cheers Croogz werent in the windows old folder anywhere ...

Couldnt be bothered thee gone ...

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”