Guitarists UNITE!

\m/>_<\m/

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, Rock, Clan Leader

JToombsy
Clan Member

Guitarists UNITE!

Postby JToombsy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:30 pm

hey guys, thought i would start a thread for people who play the guitar or who would like to start.
my logic for this thread is to post tablature instead of sheet music. if you dont know what tablature is and you dont know how to play the guitar tablature ∴ = your best friend!!! so long as you have the song to listen to as tablature doesn't have a time signature its just the chords and strings to play in a progressive order. for example~

Foo Fighters - Razor - Best Of You Disc 2

Drop D tuning

|----------------------------------------------------------|--------------------------------|
|----------------------------------------------------------|--------------------------------|
|----------------------------------------------------------|-----------4p0---7p0---12p0-|
|-5p0---5p0---5p0---5p0---5p0---5p0---5p0---5p0--|-5p0---7p0--------------------|
|-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----------0-|-----0---------0-----0---------|
Intro x4

-----------------------------|
---11p0---14p0---12p0---|
-0------0------0------0----|
x1

|---------------------------------------------------------------|
|-------------4p0---7p0---12p0---11p0---14p0---12p0----|
|-4p0---7p0--------------------------------------------------|
|-----0-----0-----0-----0------0------0------0------0--------|
Verse

|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---6p0---6p0---6p0---6p0---6p0--|
|-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0----------------|
Chorus?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
---6p0---6p0---6p0---9p0---7p0---5p0---4p0---5p0---7p0---9p0---7p0---7p0---|
-0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0----------|

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
-7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0-|
-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0----------------|

---7p0---7p0---9p0---9p0---9p0---9p0---9p0---9p0---9p0---9p0---9p0---7p0---|
-0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0----------|

-5p0---4p0---5p0---7p0---9p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0-|
-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0----------------|

---------|-----------------------------|---------------------------------------------|
---------|-----------------------------|---------------------------------------------|
---7p0---|-----------------------------|-11p0---11p0---11p0---11p0---11p0---|
-0-----0-|-----------------------------|------0------0------0------0------0-------|
Repeat Verse & Chorus parts

----------------------------------------------------------------------|-----------------------|
----------------------------------------------------------------------|-----------------------|
-11p0---11p0---11p0---9p0---9p0---9p0---9p0---9p0---9p0---9p0---9p0---|-7p0---|
------0------0------0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-|-----0------------|
x3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
-7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0----|
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-------------------|

---------------|------------|-------------------------|------------------------------|
---------------|------------|-------------------------|------------------------------|
---7p0---7p0---|------------|-7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---|-9p0---9p0---9p0---|
-0-----0-----0-|------------|-----0-----0-----0-----0-|-----0-----0-----0--------|
Verse Riff x2

-------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
-------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
-9p0---|-9p0---7p0---5p0---4p0---5p0---7p0---9p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---|
-----0-|-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----------|
x2

-------------------------------|------------|---------------------------------------|
-------------------------------|------------|---------------------------------------|
-7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---7p0---|------------|-10p0---9p0---7p0---9p0-----|
-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-|------------|------0-----0-----0-----0-----------|
Verse Riff x2

--------------------------------------------------|-----------------------------------------|
--------------------------------------------------|-----------------------------------------|
-10p0---9p0---7p0---5p0---4p0---5p0---4p0---2p0---|-10p0---9p0---7p0---9p0---|
--------------------------------------------------|------------------------------------------|
------0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-|------0-----0-----0-----0------------|
x2

-----------------------------------------------------------------|
-10p0---9p0---7p0---5p0---4p0---2p0---------2p0---0-----|
--------------------------------------3p0---------5-------------|
------0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-------------|

this may seem quite complicated but i assure you the porinciple is quite simple!
there are six strings on a guitar each of which is assigned a note standard tuning is...

E|-----------|first string lightest gauge (thinnest sring)
B|-----------|
G|-----------|
D|-----------|
A|-----------|
E|-----------|last string highest gauge (thickest string)

there are heaps of different styles of tuning but most songs will abide by standard tuning rules unless your into metal and hard rock which alot of the time uses drop d tuning like my example song.
the numbers in the |-------1------0-------2-------4-------etc----|
they denote which fret to place your finger on and on which string the letters are different strumming/plucking styles (look that up i dont want to make this anymore complicated than i have to!)
0 = open fingers off the string
x = block/dont play that string
anyways i figure if this gets going we should maybe just place links to the tabs as it takes up a bit of room!
my fave is www.ultimate-guitar.com
any question or if i havent explained anything very well let me know.

thanks to DV8 and Target for the idea!!!!
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

Dv8
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dv8 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:34 pm

omg toomby just picked up a guitar , and the above go's over my head , luckily a mate is a good guitar player , has offered to teach me for free , hopefully i will be not a bad player in a yr ...see how i go ..

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:01 pm

yeah dv8 i just looked over it after i posted this and i probably coulda eased into it a little more but srs man tabs make playing guitar a very easy process.
this is how ive learnt to play also had some help from kimahri king of metal guitaring :bowdown:
but hey we can use this thread to show ppl what we are learningto play currently or maybe even our own tunes!
of course as i stated beforer you will need to upload a sample of the riff so we know how to play it time wise!
i find playing guitar very therapeutic and music is something that everyone has in their life.
and what better way to share the love than with music huh?! :D

Dv8
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dv8 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:42 pm

true mate musics great for the sole , i,d love to be able to play , hoping i can pick it up easily enough .

Good thread !

booGz
Clan Member

Postby booGz » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:57 pm

Looks like fun. Do you have to change anything for lefties?

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:50 pm

from left to right handed guitar :) thats the main one!
but no the strings stay in the same order.

JToombsy
Clan Member

Re: Guitarists UNITE!

Postby JToombsy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:10 pm

How rude of me! Here is the song! Again you need the song or riff to know how to play a tab.

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:18 pm

Btw hell of a finish to that clip! :)

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:18 pm

cool thread tooms :)

I learnt much of my guitaring using tab...ended up being able to play master of puppets not bad

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:27 pm

Submit a link to the tab you used also if you want sifz! :D

booGz
Clan Member

Re:

Postby booGz » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:24 am

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:43 pm

yeah thats a great start out package boogz and once you learn to play a little it is very satisfying!
this is my GeetaR!

only mine has a gold and black tear shaped scratch board. :)
Last edited by JToombsy on Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hardy

Postby hardy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:59 pm

Any chance we can include keyboard tabs aswell ? If not that's fine. I'm gonna try lay down some tabs in flstudio lol

JToombsy
Clan Member

Re: Guitarists UNITE!

Postby JToombsy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:00 pm

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:03 pm

yeah hardy thats cool! i should have named this thread musicians unite!!! hell does anyone play the ukulele? cause i play that a bit too!
also i should have mentioned chord composures are also welcome!! :)

Return to “Rock's Music”