Cyborg R.A.T. mice

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Outersquare
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Cyborg R.A.T. mice

Postby Outersquare » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:49 am

I researched for weeks before buying a R.A.T. 7 mouse for Quake. I used it for a little over two weeks every day and today I am returning it.

I chose to ignore scattered remarks on forums about the 'Twineye' laser borking itself randomly and refusing to work for up to 10 seconds ... in effect I was lured by the good user comments and clever advertising.

The laser began failing on the first day and continued to fail multiple times a session from there on after, and for me the loss of control sometimes lasted 60 seconds.

While the mouse itself is OK (customisable buttons, ergonomic, quality build etc), the thing just wouldn't work. After a few back and forths with the UK service desk, they suggested I send it back.

Take the bad comments seriously people if you are considering one of these and try something else .. Razor perhaps. Or, like me, stick to the rock solid performance of a Logitech (love my MX518).

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:27 am

Last two mice I've had were Tt eSPORTS... build quality on the cheaper one wasn't the best (Cable fucked out despite being braided and gold plated) but my current THERON is awesome (And has spiffy customiseable colored LEDs) although I only run it at 1600dpi @ 4.02 sens.

Before that I had a G700... that was good but I'd been given the Tt and the shape/weight was better suited to me.

On topic: I've heard of a few people having these without any issues?

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:12 pm

Still got my original MX518.
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”