120hz monitors

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

jay
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jay » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:14 pm

BASTARDS!!! :D
Arguing on the internet is like winning the special Olympics. Even if you win you're still a 'tard!

frodo
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby frodo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:44 am

How'd it go?

Hadoken
Clan Member

Re: 120hz monitors

Postby Hadoken » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:53 pm

It's nice! - 120hz is strange tho - Having to adjust the way I aim - But the monitor itself is amazing.

Outersquare

Re: 120hz monitors

Postby Outersquare » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:34 pm

I bought a Samsung Syncmaster SA700 (S23A700D) last week. While I LOVE the 120hz compared to the 60hz I had on my old HP LCD, I am totally dumbfounded as to why the the change has compromised my Quakelive display. Changing from the HP to the Samsung with the same CFG (quite heavily modified I have to admit), has caused major graphics defects. If I 'reset to default' in the Quakelive net interface, the defects do not exist ... but omg, who wants the default right. It is simply not an enjoyable Quake experience.

The conclusion is there is something in my custom CFG file that messes up the graphics. Obviously I scanned through the file, but hell, it really is needle-in-a-haytack stuff finding the one tweak that is making the mess. For example; the console is blank when it comes down, various menu text items items are also blank (like the leave game button), and whenever I join a game a message appears on screen telling me I am engaging 3D mode .. wft .. no I am not.

Apart from 'Resetting to Default' and manually altering a hundred or more parameters that I have spent literally years refining since Quake 3 days, what else can I do! F#%k ! Sometimes Quake and super flexible configuration is really a bane.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing when switching to 3D 120hz displays?

Cheers,
Square

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:11 pm

I use default hmpff...

Outersquare

Postby Outersquare » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:05 pm

omg I re-made my config from absolute zero ! I liken THAT to moving house ... pita

To those that use default ... wtf how ? There are SO many things that slap you in the face and demand to be changed. Non-inverted mouse anyone? ... or weapon smoke ... or walk/run bobbing ... weapon binds ... gibs ... F O V !! That's off the top of my head. If I had the stamina left to go back and open my CFG I could quote off a dozen more.

INKoRP

Re:

Postby INKoRP » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:24 pm

Outersquare

Postby Outersquare » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:42 pm

That Sweet Brown Remix hurt my soul. You're dangerous Ink dude.

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”