List of shitty software

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
disgracian
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

List of shitty software

Postby disgracian » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:07 pm

I wonder if any of you knowledgable cunts happen to know of any project to index all known malware that is reasonably up to date?

I've found a couple of whitelists and this site which has a list of rogue anti-spyware programs: http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

But nothing along the lines of a list that includes general crap that people install like weatherbug, etc.

I'm thinking it would be a handy link or printout to give to people when I fix their computers after they fuck it up with this sort of crap.
Cheers,

figjamm

Postby figjamm » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:28 pm

wouldn't the list be a bit long?

disgracian
Clan Member

Postby disgracian » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:46 am

Only if you listed everything that was even slightly shifty. Perhaps if there was a list of the most commonly downloaded and worst offenders. Stuff that really cripples your system.
Cheers,

Leone
Clan Member

Postby Leone » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:36 am

Won't this affect your business if people stop doing stupid things like downloading spyware? ;)

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:52 am

no Leo, it's a brilliant business model - recommend apparently useful software that's riddled with malware and then charge through the arse to clean their PC. Genius!

disgracian
Clan Member

Postby disgracian » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:42 pm

I only charge a nominal fee and I'd really rather be poor while having more free time to troll on internet forums.
Cheers,

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”