Viewsonic 28" VX2835wm Lcd Monitor !

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

BUSTER
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby BUSTER » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:16 pm

Seems bloody nice so far. Gota get used to q3 and that text thing with my 41yo eyes.
OOPS DID I ASK FOR SOMETHING?

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:59 pm

from everything I read that is a very nice monitor Buster, it was at the top of my 22" list before I finally decided on the Dell

Rusty
Clan Member

Postby Rusty » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:38 pm

yes you do pay for them but after owning 2 it would take alot for me to consider anything else :)

GURU
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby GURU » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:53 pm

i have come to the conclusion that the viewsonic 28" is sooo fkn big u need to sit back a little bit more than it is setup on the misses putey! probly need to go back about another foot! !

this would stop it from being so dark at the top u cant see it!
long live the P U T E Y ! :)

BUSTER
Clan Member

Postby BUSTER » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:58 am

OOPS DID I ASK FOR SOMETHING?

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:53 pm

well i hav decided to fix [get the best out of this new viewsonic monitor i am going to make a 350mm wide bench to sit the monitor on justy behind the desk. it will be 90mm lower and make the user sit back another 350mm which should make the picture pretty much sweet as !

i just need some sucker to make one for me! hehe its ok i can do it! hehe i hope! hehe haha :)
long live the P U T E Y ! :)

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:27 pm

***Guru places call to Bob-the-builder***
:D
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

blink
Admin

Postby blink » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:38 pm

Attachments
Picture 37.jpg
Picture 37.jpg (55.25 KiB) Viewed 4144 times
You and your red fabric robe, glasses and peace pipe in your mouth for that damned split second!

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:48 am

I will agree with you about quake 3 there blink, the CRT was better for that, but that is the only game I've ever noticed the LCD to be less than awesome. As long as my PC can maintain a constant 60fps then every other game is smooth as silk. However, I can still play Q3 on the monitor without any real issue - once in-game I just don't notice it (it's look s a little jittery is what I mean, it's not as flat-out smooth as the CRT was, which is interesting - why does it only seem to affect Q3 for me, I assume it affects other similarly fast paced games?)

I disagree on the web though - I like the extra width, but even if it did bother me I can always window my browser ;) The sharpness of the text is just far superior to a CRT, and I spend most of my time on the PC reading or browsing these days...

blink
Admin

Postby blink » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:36 pm

Seems like somewhat of a waste to have a widescreen monitor and then to resize all my windows back to the way they were before, spud :P. I am getting a bit more used to it as time goes by. Although, if anything I think would prefer to have more vertical pixels rather than horizontal (1:1 aspect ratio anyone???).

Regarding gaming, I don't have any other FPSs installed on my PC to test the monitor with, so you may very well be right about Q3 being particularly bad with LCDs. I was watching some of my old Q3 demos from just before the scene died out, and the games are littered with moments where I thought to myself "there's no way I coulda pulled that off with this LCD monitor". Ahh the memories.
You and your red fabric robe, glasses and peace pipe in your mouth for that damned split second!

Leone
Clan Member

Postby Leone » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:56 pm

Most companies give the shortest response time...ie 2ms is the fastest it will go. A much better guide (if you can find it) is the average response time.

And a square screen? You Sir, are a freak!!! Human FOV is about 190 by 130 degrees...not far off 4:3. But widescreen is just sexier. Deal with it :D

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”