Bios updates

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dv8
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Bios updates

Postby Dv8 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:30 pm

Gday folks ,
just a queery on something ive never done and always feared , for some reason ,
the dreaded bios update .

I have a Gigabyte GA-P35-S3 MB
and looked on the net for updates aparrently theirs 2 , im not sure wether to update or not , if someone could please advise me on which version and weather it would be in my interests or not to update .

heres a link to the drivers and versions F2 or F3

http://www.opendrivers.com/categorycomp ... page1.html

scroll down to # 50 and 51 which are the updates im looking at , one says theirs enhanced memory performance , so sounds tempting , im running 4 gig DDR 2 ..

thanks heaps for any advice...

jay
Clan Member

Postby jay » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:43 am

I'd just download whatever the latest BIOS update is on the Gigabyte website. Here's the link to dl the latest update: http://america.giga-byte.com/FileList/B ... -s3_f5.exe

Or visit: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Moth ... uctID=2546
Arguing on the internet is like winning the special Olympics. Even if you win you're still a 'tard!

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:49 am

well i would say to you, read what fixes they offer and or what extra stuff they add and if u dont need them i would not bother.

basically if your putey is running ok now i would not bother with an update.
long live the P U T E Y ! :)

Leone
Clan Member

Postby Leone » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:48 pm

It used to be a lot more scary than it is now....with dual/backup BIOS stuff. But you're not a real man until you've had to flip out the Mobo battery and CMOS reset I say ;)

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:01 pm

lol

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”