New free-to-play FPS: Dirty Bomb

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:33 pm

Is it just me or does it seem that there isn't much change in getting a load out from bronze through to cobalt? I have exactly the same aura card in bronze silver and gold... :P
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

borgasm
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby borgasm » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:10 pm

The only change is your skin. There is no gameplay benefit from it.

I use credits to buy the exact bronze loadout I want from the store (17,500 creds) and I keep that one, I trade all of my card drops up to try and get the pretty skins in the loadout I want.

There are also different skin variants in each of the silver, gold, cobalt levels. So even if you have a C41 Bushwhacker in silver, and you get another one it may have a different skin.

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:10 pm

i got a cobalt aura card from a random case... hardly ever play aura though, prefer the rail gun sparks uses ;)

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:04 am

i will have that aura card if ur not using it ;)

borgasm
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby borgasm » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:55 am

Dammit, I was hoping for Stoker. I guess he will be the next merc then.

Im going to buy Pheonix as soon as he comes out as I have enough creds and don't really want any of the other mercs desperately. If you want to chat about him before you buy just let me know.

The only mercs I currently dont have are Rhino, Kira, Vasilli and Phantom but I have played with them when they were free.

cug
Clan Member

Postby cug » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:55 pm

Can you play this game for free still? Just with limited mercs & loadouts? Couldn't figure out the card thing.

borgasm
Clan Member

Postby borgasm » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:05 pm

Yeah, its all free and the grind isnt too long. By default you get 2 free mercs, and there is a monthly rotation of another 3 for free. The cards allow you to use different weapons on a merc that is already unlocked.

The loadouts are at different levels but above bronze level it is just skin difference, not game play difference so only trade up cards you dont want.

When you start a game you choose 3 mercs to take into the game and you can swap between them when you are dead. When you choose your mercs, you choose which loadout (weapons and augments) that your merc comes with. You always have at least 1 card for each merc, but its just a basic card with default weapons and no augments.

for example, My Buchwhacker merc I always use the one loadout, but with my Nader or Skyhammer merc I choose a different gun based on the map and how I want to play that game.

Hopefully that makes sense. If you do get into it you get a few cash bonuses pretty early on so you can buy a third merc pretty quick. Dont buy Arty as your first merc (he is one of the cheapest, and sounds good on paper) as he has a pretty hard to use set of guns and ability. Feel free to ask for advice anytime.

cug
Clan Member

Postby cug » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:07 pm

Thanks, i'm going to give it another go when I get a beefier pc. Those vids make me nostalgic for good old ET.

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:52 pm

I'm able to run it on my i3 dual core 2.6ghz, 4gb ddr2, nvidia gt220 @ 1280 x 1024 pretty comfortably with 60fps lowest detail, however I think that more detail is harder than no detail. Less shinys :P unless your PC is worse than that :O

Gubben
Clan Member

Re:

Postby Gubben » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:09 am

kanonfoda
Clan Member

Postby kanonfoda » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:55 pm

Finally got around to the dl and have tried some of the tutorial. You will be pleased to know I'm up to my usual standard.

Would be dead before I even got my melee weapon out. Hardly hit anyone on the shooting testing and successfully shot the dummy instead of picking it up! :D

How's an old bloke suppose to remember to "press f for this , r for that, do this, do that" let along actually doing it....sigh...

Wow, I'll be sort after as a team player!
Did I just say that?

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:02 pm

you gotta stop worrying about how well you play kanon, if your having fun thats all that counts in my book :D but i will give it to you, dirty bomb can be demanding trying to frag, defend and concern yourself with objectives and having way too many buttons to press at once. i dont know how many times ive gone to deliver an objective and knifed thin air, dropping the objective and taking many bullets to the face.... :roll:

kplxz

Re: New free-to-play FPS: Dirty Bomb

Postby kplxz » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:10 pm

yeah kanon...things are getting more complex I spose...

"practicing a game" or learning it can take a while especially when you're not 15 years old and playing it every day after school for 2-3 horus non stop.

so imo as an older person the question then pops up: "do I really want to spend my time learning that game?"

kanonfoda
Clan Member

Postby kanonfoda » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:31 pm

As you can tell by my play, I never practice QL so my chances of doing it for this is remote. I will give the tutorial another go at let you know how I go. I have no intention of going into a game with my current skill level :(

I'm still trying to find my way around steam as well....hahaha :D
Did I just say that?

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:54 pm

well considering Dirty Bomb has been infected with ex-Quake hackers I wouldn't worry :P

I think it was gubs who said "ET is back"...ET was never as simple as Quake/UT/CS...I kinda feel the same way...I like to aim and cap flags n stuff...I'm not a big fan of developing characters n stuff

That said, DB is a great game for anyone looking for a decent FPS imo

Return to “Talk Zone”