Vinyl

\m/>_<\m/

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, Rock, Clan Leader

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:21 am

i remember the days of Quadraphonic, i think Pinball Wizard was released in quad, i used to like quad in campgrounds too but thats another story... i lost all my old vinyl when my folks flogged them all off at a garage sale, while i was overseas, spewin, Mott the Hoople's All The Young Doods from the late 60s was the first record i ever bought, along with a bunch of Slade, Sweet, T-Rex and Bowie lol... i think the last vinyl i bought was Frankie Goes to Hollywood's Two Tribes which i used to play very loud on my Bose 901 series 5 speakers (which i bought back in circa 1979, and are still going strong, though theyve been reconed with the series 6 graphite cones since weavels ate the other ones, after 20 odd years in storage...) Trouble with vinyl is you cant shuffle like you can with cds and itunes cos i hate knowing what song is coming next....

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:35 pm

lols fair enough. I always listen to full albums and the ol' records are well suited to that task

Greatbloke
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Greatbloke » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:33 pm

I don't play my vinyl anymore, but I do have some half speed masters and quality pressings. I might still have a quadraphonic pressing of Deep Purple's machine Head. My parents used to have a quadraphonic system that I played it on as a teenager.

There's two things that anyone can do that will possibly improve the sound quality of their Vinyl enormously, for a small price. 1. Put the turntable in a different roof to the speakers. 2. Upgrade your tonearm cartridge.

kanonfoda
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby kanonfoda » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:43 pm

Put it in a different roof? Do you get you neighbours permission or do you own a lot of property? :P
Maybe I should read that as room...

Machine Head was a great album. I have a quad or Alice Cooper's Billion Dollar Babies album too.
Like the rest of you, I rarely get my vinyl out. Hmmm being married for as long as I have, that's not all... ;)
Did I just say that?

EDUBYA
Clan Member

Postby EDUBYA » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:41 pm

yeh ive got a few vinyl - mostly 80's and 90's punk hardcore

sifz

Postby sifz » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:17 pm

Quadraphonic yeah baby

I have some vinyl that I've played less than 10 times...been waiting for SL1200 + stanton needles for a lonnnng time lol

Return to “Rock's Music”