Vinyl

\m/>_<\m/

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, Rock, Clan Leader

spud
Wiggles

Vinyl

Postby spud » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:20 pm

Seems as though there is a couple of members who are into LPs...I've developed quite the record fetish over the last couple of years. Could post some pics if anyone is interested? Get some conversation going. If not - fuck you all!

hardy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby hardy » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:52 pm

Lol

jof
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jof » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:58 am

I prefer cassettes... with xbass and Dolby noise reduction!

I gave away any 'records' I had. Not that I had a lot. Had some early Faith No More and bands like that of the time. They do have a certain sound but I am a lazy cunt at heart and can barely be bothered double clicking an mp3 playlist let alone get up and fuss with a turntable and records.

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:03 am

I'm a lazy cunt as well and it sure does present a problem, but I'm a marine at heart so I managed to adapt, overcome and improvise. There is still a pretty strong market for cassettes believe it or not, but you have to draw the line somewhere so vinyl it is. I still mostly listen to mp3s but vinyl is just a different way to experience music.

Kimahri
Clan Member

Postby Kimahri » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:35 pm

I will have to check my spare room. got some old Billy Joel, Joe Satriani and The Beatles LP's around there somewhere.
also have quite a few Goon Show LP's aswell :P I'm an oldy at heart.
So the doctor said that I wouldn't get so many nose bleeds if I just kept my finger out of there! =P

kanonfoda
Clan Member

Postby kanonfoda » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:15 pm

Amongst my vinyl is a quadraphonic version of Pink Floyds Dark side of the moon. Do others remember the fad that was quad?
Did I just say that?

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:36 pm

Quad.... long before quake... ahhh - da good listening days Kanon...
Somewhere ive got an unopened (remember the ole shrink wrap), limited edition, white vinyl, Beatles - The White Album .... most of Zappa, Hendrix & the likes .... 12/15 milk creates to cart about. Cant say ive really been into much over the past years, gone a bit bland music wise lately.
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

hardy

Postby hardy » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:54 pm

Music's dead :( lol

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:20 pm

before my time Kanon, but I am aware that such a thing existed. Do you need a special turntable or cartridge to play it? Or is 4 speakers enough? That LP might be worth a little something these days mate. Same with that White Album Togz, I know Beatles stuff is very collectable these days, some of their rarer pressings can fetch 15,000GBP at auction!

kanonfoda
Clan Member

Postby kanonfoda » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:07 pm

Yeah spud, you need a quad player - which of course I don't have access to anymore! I wonder if anyone still has a working one? It just plays as stereo on an "ordinary" turntable - at least that's what it sounds like to me.

Sounds like you still have a lot of vinyl togs. I would be lucky to fill 2 crates with mine. Guess that what comes from being a tight-ass scotsman :D
Did I just say that?

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:40 pm

Yeh Spud... you need either - quad turntable with quad cartridge normal amp & 4 speakers.
I had an original Marantz system.. this one was a bit different as its was a pretty standard t/t that will take a quad cartridge but it used a quad amp. Ive still got the t/t but the amp burnt out years ago.
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>

Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:42 pm

ah that's a bit of a bugger, would really dig giving the quad stuff a spin. Never mind, I'm pretty down with stereo :D

BiO
Clan Member

Postby BiO » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:30 pm

i have records of alot i play breaks and DnB, however i have records of aussie hiphop through to black sabbath & led zeppelin
Loud, Fast, And Deliberately Offensive

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:40 pm

cool man, I've always been interested in that kind of thing. I just don't dig on the music that it centres around (or that centres around it). Why do you use vinyl for that stuff? I assume there are "digital turntables" that can do mp3 mixes or whatever?

BiO
Clan Member

Postby BiO » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:07 pm

same reason sound, the warm sound vinyl brings is amazing, being able to see the music like in a dance track or DnB you can see where the bass line is making it easier to mix i love turntablism i love to blend music as well, say hiphop over old school rock.
Loud, Fast, And Deliberately Offensive

Return to “Rock's Music”