Name me a song plz!

\m/>_<\m/

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, Rock, Clan Leader

Kimahri
Clan Member

Name me a song plz!

Postby Kimahri » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:43 pm

I love doing covers of songs, atm I'm making an acoustic cover of Godsmack's "awake" and would like to hear some suggestions of some other songs that I could cover aswell :)

Name me any song and I'll have a crack at it!
So the doctor said that I wouldn't get so many nose bleeds if I just kept my finger out of there! =P

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:38 pm

Mörker - Djupa Spår Av Tvivel

A nice easy one to start with ;)

Kimahri
Clan Member

Postby Kimahri » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:39 pm

OMG I think I need to change my underwear! the starting vocals just messed me up funtime! I will try my best at covering this! I have 1 vid of me on youtube covering Killswitch Engage's "The End Of Heartache" was a while ago I did it tho so it's not that great :) but have a look if you like :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly90AoC9_zg
So the doctor said that I wouldn't get so many nose bleeds if I just kept my finger out of there! =P

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:00 pm

man I can't do metalcore, I can't fucking stand it so I could only watch for about a minute. You don't suck!

Figured that Mörker track would be pretty easy to work out and I think it'd be fun to play as well. They are one of the better bands no one has ever heard of in my collection.

Kimahri
Clan Member

Postby Kimahri » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:04 pm

Yer I'm an allrounder when it comes to music, except for rap and hiphop or techno, that stuff just makes me want to drill holes in my head!
from what I can see from your picture, I'm guessing you're into darkthrone, venom, gorgoroth, immortal? love my oldschool blackmetal. the newer stuff is alright but sounds (dare I say it) too digital lol

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:17 pm

I'm with you man but the worst is R&B - that is just offensive to anyone with working ear drums, it's worse than country.

Not so much into the 2nd wave black metal bands with the exception of Immortal and Emperor who are both awesome for totally different reasons ;) Darkthrone is a bit minimalist for me and Gorgoroth are kind of a joke band in disguise I reckon. Venom of course are awesome, been listening to them since high school, but not a huge fan.
Dude in the avatar is Arioch from Funeral Mist whom I enjoy very much. He is also doing vocals for Marduk at the moment as Mortuus, and I think their newer albums are better for it, he is an utterly insane vocalist.
Try some on for size:

fucking [youtube] tags don't work any more.

Kimahri
Clan Member

Postby Kimahri » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:27 pm

man I haven't heard marduuk for ages, need to get my blackmetal fix atm lol
Love the intro of that song, melts faces better than a PG :P
I met abbath from immortal a few years back, was a nice guy but a little fucking strange lol

hardy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby hardy » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:38 pm

Marduk is the bomb, i too havent heard them for ages, i use to be into black metal flat out haah, before i found other drugs. lol

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:39 pm

hahaha that is pretty cool, Abbath is a legend. Saw Immortal when they came to Sydney a couple years back. Great show. In the middle of Tyrants the band stopped playing and Abbath cruised into the centre of the stage and did mad Abbath dances for 2 or 3 minutes, and then they just kicked back into it like nothing happened. Genius.

Kimahri
Clan Member

Postby Kimahri » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:49 pm

HAHAHAHA that was back in 2008! I was at that show!

jof
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Name me a song plz!

Postby jof » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:00 pm

Kimahri
Clan Member

Postby Kimahri » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:44 am

Jof nothing else would make me want to break my guitar more than doing that song :D lol

lachy385
Clan Member

Postby lachy385 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:01 pm

guitar?
make a cover on this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdUKi3_QntE
skip to 20 sec

lachy385
Clan Member

Postby lachy385 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:05 pm

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:24 am

Im currently mastering this
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

Return to “Rock's Music”