spud bass

\m/>_<\m/

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, Rock, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
spud
Wiggles

spud bass

Postby spud » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:40 pm

Some pics of my bass guitars. Cos, you know, they're awesome.

First up my Warwick Corvette $$ (double humbucker pick up configuration), limited to 20 made with these woods; this is number 20/20.

And here is my Warwick 6 String Thumb Bass. This badboy is currently fretless. It used to be fretted but a previous owner removed the frets (did a fucking bang up job on it too!). I'm taking it up to Sydney in the next couple of weeks to get it refretted - turns out I'm too fucking lazy to learn fretless, and my style is way to sloppy as well :D

And here they both are together:

hardy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby hardy » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:50 pm

Very nice

blink
Admin

Postby blink » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:08 am

lol fk me, 6 string fretless bass! Sounds like hell
You and your red fabric robe, glasses and peace pipe in your mouth for that damned split second!

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:10 pm

heh it is! I mean, I can play it, I just have to watch what I'm doing and think about it too much to really enjoy it. Once it gets fretted than I'm good to bash the shit out of it without worry about being an 1/8 of a tone out

Kimahri
Clan Member

Postby Kimahri » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:46 pm

Les Claypool would be proud of you spud. I'll have to post up some pics of my Sexy flying V :D
So the doctor said that I wouldn't get so many nose bleeds if I just kept my finger out of there! =P

jof
Clan Member

Postby jof » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:05 am

I never thought I'd say this but that's an impressive instrument Spud

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:28 am

awesome, love the wood grain on the Warwick. How many musicians in PiT? i play harmonica (love my rack of Lee Oscars), a hack on guitar (a Guild and Takamini acoustics and a custom Ibanez electric, and a Martin backpackers) and can circular a didge ok when i get going...

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:34 pm

scored myself a 5 string Fender Jazz bass yesterday. Pics to come (one day, in the future, if I remember....)

They are both Warwicks mate! The 4 String is $$ Corvette and the 6er is a Thumb Bass. I got the call from the luthier today - he has put the frets on it and all it needs is some strings. Will be getting it back on the weekend. Exciting times :D

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:11 am

nice, i meant the second Warwick then, sweet wood...!

Greatbloke
Clan Member

Postby Greatbloke » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:21 pm

That's fucking beautiful, Spud.... reminiscent of one of Tony Iommi's

Return to “Rock's Music”