The Metal Thread

\m/>_<\m/

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, Rock, Clan Leader

Noobitor
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Noobitor » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:16 am

cool guys ,this will give me a hour or 2 listening something new :)

It all started with these guys ,and today so many branches from these roots

Live to Gaunt
Gaunt to Live

spud
Wiggles

Re: Mael Mordha - The Serpent and the Black Lake

Postby spud » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Yep, Sabbath are generally considered to be the first metal band. War Pigs is my favourite Black Sabbath song, good choice man :thumbsup:

INKoRP

Metal Thread

Postby INKoRP » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:00 am

It didn't seem right not having one.

All metal is welcome here, the more brutal and dark the better :twisted:

Not necessarily limited to music vids, docos, interviews and funny stuff is cool too.

Just found these guys

This is, huh, wow!

And the hilarious misheard lyrics

Because more misheard lyrics

These guys couldn't make a bad song

See?

Love the start of this song

Best fake band ever, lulzy cartoon as well.

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:54 am

Just went thru and listened to everything I hadn't heard before. Some good stuff and some...not so good stuff.

Christbait - nice one jay, I really dug this. I'm going to see if I can't track down a copy of the CD

Never could get into Burzum. I like a lot of the bands that he inspired, but I just don't see Varg as the visionary he is given credit for being.

Dethklok - No. Just no.

Here is more glorious metal for those so inclined to check it out!

Lord Vicar. Resurrected from the ashes of Reverend Bizarre who were one of the greatest doom bands ever. Lord Vicar are basically a modern Black Sabbath, their vocalist even sounds like Ozzy. If you dig Sabbath you will dig this, it's just great song writing!

The Atlas Moth. This was one of those out of left field albums for me. Just incredible memorable song writing that incorporates doom, sludge, black and trad elements into something pretty original.

Hooded Menace. Utterly brilliant death/doom band that have released 2 absolutely killer LPs. This is heavy as fuck and also catchy too - the guitar melodies are totally infectious. Highly recommended.

Year of No Light. This isn't really metal but it is totally crushing and dripping with dark atmosphere. No vocals, 2 drummers, crushing guitars.

If These Trees Could Talk. This isn't metal either, more like heavy post-rock or something. Whatever you call it is brilliant, one of my favourite bands.

Gris. Thought I should end on something fucked up. This is utter brilliance I reckon, never has a band really made me believe despair quite like these guys. Vocals are a total mind fuck and the music is just as off-kilter and insane. Might take a couple of listens but this is really desperate music. This turns into something really special about the 4:30 mark.

Kimahri
Clan Member

Postby Kimahri » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:46 pm

How the fuck did I not know about this thread?!?!?! lol
So the doctor said that I wouldn't get so many nose bleeds if I just kept my finger out of there! =P

jay
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jay » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:22 pm

We only let the finest and most discerning gentlemen into this fine establishment.

........there goes the neighbourhood!!!! :lol:
Arguing on the internet is like winning the special Olympics. Even if you win you're still a 'tard!

Kimahri
Clan Member

Postby Kimahri » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:26 pm

where are they then??? lol :D
So the doctor said that I wouldn't get so many nose bleeds if I just kept my finger out of there! =P

INKoRP

Re: The Metal Thread

Postby INKoRP » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:51 am

The song that won me as a fan in my formative years, got me into guitar, helped with the teenage rage :)

Not "trur norweegin bluckmetul" but still fucken badass in my book

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:05 pm

I really dig Deftones although I have not listened to their last 2 albums. I really dig White Pony and Digital Bath is my favourite track from them. They got big at a bad time and often get lumped in with all that late 90s/early 2000s metalcore shit, but they are the real deal IMO. So, seconded and recommendeded :D

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:47 pm

Saturday Night Wrist was ok, seemed like they were doing what most bands do and trending towards mediocrity, then they totally won me back with Diamond Eyes.

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:50 pm

oh yeah, I did get Saturday Night Wrist - same deal as you, I thought it was fairly pedestrian. Haven't given Diamond Eyes a spin at all, might have to give it a go.

kanonfoda
Clan Member

Postby kanonfoda » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:42 pm

Hey Spud,

Thanks for the Lord Vicar clip. Only listened to a bit of it but chose it because if you remember I'm a huge Sabbath fan (Still think they are the best) Sounds good, so I'm going to have to chase it up.

Hopefully I can listen to some more of these clips (provided Mrs K lets me :)

Have added to my collection since the stuff you sent me, but I'm too scared to put in any recommendations as you guys seem to know everything!
Did I just say that?

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:59 am

Glad you liked it mate, it's a great album. They've recently released a new one as well, just haven't had much of a chance to listen (no vinyl pressing yet either, although there is one coming. Will definitely spin more once it drops).
If you like Lord Vicar you should probably give Count Raven (same vocalist) and Reverend Bizarre (same guitarist) a go. Count Reverend is much harder to get into tho, song writing isn't as catchy and the songs are lllooonnnggg, but worth a shot. I'll post up some other stuff for you later mate, maybe expend your horizon.

Feel free to post away Kanon, you never know mate, you might drop a little awesome bomb and expand our musical horizons!

Noobitor
Clan Member

Postby Noobitor » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:24 pm

yer many types of metal ,
cosmic space metal this one

Live to Gaunt
Gaunt to Live

Kimahri
Clan Member

Postby Kimahri » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:02 pm

I've only just recently gotten into this band but fuck me they have some awesome tunes!

Return to “Rock's Music”