Help regarding a Laptop Motherboard

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Rusty
Clan Member

Help regarding a Laptop Motherboard

Postby Rusty » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:08 pm

To cut a long story short my Laptop is now out of warranty (bout 2 or 3 months) and for no reason (it was booting into xp and that was then end of it) .... just shut off never to have any signs of booting again. Sound familiar???? I sent it away and paid those fuckers at Protac to have a look at it and the result is a dead motherboard. Everything else is ok.

Now the cost for a new m/b is over $700 so you can guess my 2 word responce to that!!!
I'm not going to spend that amount of money to get it fixed, its just not worth the risk.

I decided to let you know incase anyone here knows of any places that I may be able to either get the m/b repaired or possibily a cheaper replacement... I know its a very long shot.

The Specs are
Brand: Excel (shudders!!! made that decision when i was young and stupid lol)
Model: Green 556E
CPU: Banias 1.7GHz Pentium M (400FSB 1MB CACHE)
RAM: 2x512 DDR
VID: ATI 128MB 9700 Mobile
REST is pretty standard

I was also thinking that I might be able to use the parts to bulid a HTPC but I now see all the new Pentium M m/bs only support the new Core Solo/Duo CPUs :(

So I just don't know what to do now..... any of you got any ideas/thoughts?

Cheers
Attachments
IMG_2782a.jpg
IMG_2782a.jpg (91.38 KiB) Viewed 2791 times

BUSTER
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby BUSTER » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:45 pm

I speak from expereance Rusty that mb I would say would be F$5CKED it is normaly cheaper to replace your laptop than repair it. Unless its hd problems. Or under warranty ,but best of luck.
OOPS DID I ASK FOR SOMETHING?

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:58 am

laptops are bi-atch when it comes to repairs , when it comes to pretty much n e thing other than ram and hdds! :(

i will ask a few people i know if they have n e idea about it! :)
long live the P U T E Y ! :)

Rusty
Clan Member

Postby Rusty » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:34 am

..ME..

Postby ..ME.. » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:17 am

Long live the =PiT=

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:52 am

yep new laptop is looking hte good s ther Rusty parts asrte hard to get and way extreme in price! so unless u can pick up a cheapy 2nd hand one then gut it , i dunno why u would bother but!
long live the P U T E Y ! :)

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”