info about intellimouse optical versions, and others

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

info about intellimouse optical versions, and others

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:16 pm

thought i'ed get this info down as so many people use a microsoft mouse of some description, lots of false info out there regarding these mice, also some info was hard to find.
i use one because i'm left handed and i'm cool.

if you have a intelli optical and you can't identify it, do a search for the first part of the p/n, some site, might be a sales site with technical stuff about it will show up telling you weather its a 1.1 or 1.1a

p/n x08-70385 pid 55250-576-4296167-0
search for x08-70385 part

lol out of the seven mice i have, two can be easily identifyed 1.1a and 1.0 :-(, three of the remaining i found out were 1.1a's, and the last two were both 1.1's but only one worked lol :P .

1.1 uses same sensor as intelli 3,
1.1a uses same sensor as intelli 4 ,
YOU WANT 1.1

the below link has great info about different sensors used in various mice.
http://home.comcast.net/~richardlowens/OpticalMouse/
btw if you dont try teflon feet for this mouse, you're really missing out :nono: it makes a massive difference .

do it yourself teflon feet :D
come in strips of two from any hardware place, bit tricky to shape and get the right height, you need just a very thin layer of rubber backing left, just a tad higher than original feet, use old mouse feet as template to cut around, sharp stanley knife, scalpal would probably be better though, or maybe one of those hobby knives, sandpaper needed to finish off shaping and thicknes. well worth the effort :-). obviously important to get the backing exactly flat, dont want any nasty hot spots, also i used some bluetack to fill in the screw holes under the back feet.

put the strips in the freezer overnight, makes the rubber easier to cut :-)

another essential thing to do is to get it running at 500hz, try this,
http://www.majorgeeks.com/USB_Mouserate ... d4469.html

to find out what rate your mouse is running at, download this little thingy
http://www.cybergamer.com.au/files/773/

oh btw im now 100 percent sure i'm using a 1.1 with brand new teflon feet lol .

a bit about pads, no not the feminine type sickos,
i've been playing for errr i forget, has to be over 10 years now though, yes and i'm still crap :-( lol, but hey i'm a sexy guy, that you can't deny,
anyway i've never used a pro pad, nor have i experimented with different fabrics, but i have experimented with a massive amount of hard surfaces, glass, plastics, ceramic tiles, marble, granite, etc etc, all with different textures.
personaly and using teflon mouse feet i've found plastic works best, quieter than glass, mouse feet will last longer, nice and slippery.
i'm using a black cutting board which you can get from kmart, they come in packs of three of different sizes and colours, black one being the largest, has a very fine texture, the plastics quite soft so easy to shape, i even rubbed fine sandpaper marks out using my thumb :-)
oh and before using it give it a good hard scrub to remove surface film otherwise mouse feet will turn black lol, rub rub, rub rub rub.
one more thing, buy some round rubber adhesive pads for the mousepad, these are great as they squash down very thinly after some use.

i thank you and goodnight :-)

booGz
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby booGz » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:42 pm

so why is 1.1 is better than 1.1a?
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:23 pm

go here and look at difference betweeen the sensors
http://home.comcast.net/~richardlowens/OpticalMouse/

Kimahri
Clan Member

Postby Kimahri » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:46 pm

Was just looking at the variants between LED and Laser. That's pretty cool :)
So the doctor said that I wouldn't get so many nose bleeds if I just kept my finger out of there! =P

Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:10 pm

ok everyone i'm inspired, did a search for a teflon sheet, and i had success.
if you want to get one, go to k&d (hardware place), it's a barbeque hotplate liner by outdoor magic, costs $9.00, says on the packet that its coated with 8 layers of premium quality p.t.f.e (teflon), it's very thin so easy to cut, just cut to size and stick it on your pad.
its big as well, 400 x 500 mm.
you'll need to get some spray on adhesive while your there :-).

damn after looking at those steampunk keyboards i've decided i'm going to make a sexy mouse pad out of brass with the above stuck on it, engrave =PiT= into it, fill the engraving with coloured enamel and hopefully it'll end up being pretty sexy :-)

booGz
Clan Member

Postby booGz » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:19 pm

that sounds like an awesome idea

Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:26 pm

yeah, bit worried about how much a slab of brass is going to cost though :-(.
brass is reasonably soft right? i'ed like to have a bevel of about 1 inch on the sides, no all except the top side with the pit logo on it

booGz
Clan Member

Postby booGz » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:37 pm

mmm... well what about getting a nice block of wood (kauri or rimu if you had access to nz woods)
and carve a block into the shape you want and inset your brass plate on the top of it... you'd get away
with a thinner sheet of brass... varnish the kauri (or other wood) and it would look outstanding

http://www.nzwood.co.nz/species/kauri
http://www.nzwood.co.nz/species/rimu1
http://www.engravingsupplies.co.nz/engr ... al-sheets/

Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:06 pm

i'm not looking, lol no offence, but i would only use tasmanian woods, huonpine (birdseye if i could find it cheap), or my favourite, tasmanian myrtle (figured, fiddleback etc)
but yeah i get your drift :-)

booGz
Clan Member

Postby booGz » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:13 pm

such a snob!

heh i didnt know any aus woods so couldnt suggest em :)

does the tasmanian myrtle really have that red color to it? that would look fantastic

P

Postby P » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:18 pm

LMAO LEFTIE

KILL THE WITCH

booGz
Clan Member

Postby booGz » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:23 pm

lol, im a leftie too, but i've trained myself to use the mouse in my right hand.... although if i could get a nice lefthanded mouse...

Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader

Re: info about intellimouse optical versions, and others

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:23 pm

booGz
Clan Member

Postby booGz » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:30 pm

lol i didnt know there was a difference the bomba ... weird arse aussies

Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:33 pm

hmm maybe find an old wrecked piano which has ivory keys and make keycaps out of them

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”