New PC

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New PC

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:54 pm

Pitty u dont have it sitting correctly cos the arrows are supposed to pointin' up !

nicely picked up guru :D

BiO
Clan Member

Postby BiO » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:17 pm

hey guys thought id jump in on this thread
im thinking about building my own pc from scratch
ive been told i should just bite the bullet and buy a ready made system cause it would have all the testing and everything already done on it, how important are the runin tests these days ?
Loud, Fast, And Deliberately Offensive

Dv8
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dv8 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:57 pm

na havnt got one yet guru , still thinkin :p

But thankyou for your advice , it,ll be for gamming . BF3 etc

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:51 pm

well running tests arent really a neccessity but if ya go to all the trouble of building it yourself then u would want to make sure its running properly. Well at least i would.

You can download all latest benchmark programs for free off bit torrent so ther is no real $ outlay, just your time to test them.

Long time a go my matey said to me that once you know a bit about puteys and you think u r ready to builld one yourself, you get so much more satisfaction from building it yourself and save more $$$. Also if u have n e probs then u will be much more clued in to fix them.

Seriously it aint that hard to do!

Just need to put the time into research your parts for suitability, cost and availability.

cheers :)
long live the P U T E Y ! :)

BiO
Clan Member

Postby BiO » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:44 am

ive built them in the past and had no problems, as it was pretty straight forward , choosing all your own stuff and putting it all together was fantastic as it was built with me and me alone, however from advise(gossip) that these days in the state of i3,5,7's and with SLI (which i havent done before), there is such a great chance of faulty equipment that you are covered as they have to make sure the system is running before handover but also your covered as far as liability for parts that are faulty or have been incorrectly installed making it harder to return.

but i look at it in two ways, the last pc i built myself (built from the ground up and saved about $700 lasted 4 years before the HDD died and that was the only thing wrong with it.

where as the pre built system i bought a little over a year and a half ago the mobo burnt out cause i had no say as to what parts were installed in the system cheap parts = craptastic results allround
Loud, Fast, And Deliberately Offensive

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”