Laptops?

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

hardy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Laptops?

Postby hardy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:42 pm

Hey dudes, looking to buy a new notebook sometime nextweek,

Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations best bang for buck, good specs etc...

looking to spend around 1000 - 1100

Cheers :)

blink
Admin

Postby blink » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:44 pm

For the love of god, DONT get a Sony Vaio!

A lot of the touchpads will break after a couple of months with no proper fix, the support is crap, the software is crap (constantly crashing).
You and your red fabric robe, glasses and peace pipe in your mouth for that damned split second!

hardy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby hardy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:50 pm

Thanks man :) will steer clear of the sony then, tbh i hate sony with a passion, or any tall poppy brand for that matter just for being that way inclined :p thnx

jof
Clan Member

Postby jof » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:53 pm

People bag on Dell but I have always found them great value for money around that low-mid range you are looking in.

hardy

Postby hardy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:09 pm

yeah thanks :), was considering a dell actually.. now i got my eyes set on this one.

Specs seem good for the price, then again i may be wrong

http://www.scorptec.com.au/computer/41058-rf511-s06au

blink
Admin

Postby blink » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:24 pm

yeah i would go for a dell too if i was going to purchase another laptop. Fk the haters! :p
You and your red fabric robe, glasses and peace pipe in your mouth for that damned split second!

hardy

Postby hardy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:31 pm

haha

Kamikazee
Admin

Postby Kamikazee » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:27 pm

Dell and IBM/Lenovo. They're used heavily in an oil refinery I used to work at, and they rarely broke.

Though, I'm liking the new gateway range of laptops.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success

hardy

Postby hardy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:30 pm

Ah nice one, hmm mixed results here, might have to just go with where i wave the wad of cash @ first lol. thanks for all the feedback

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:38 pm

If you buy anything even remotely associated with IBM then you are my enemy. Fuck IBM.

hardy

Postby hardy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:39 pm

haha, yeah i dont really like IBM to be honest lol, take eveyones view onboard though :lol:

sifz

Postby sifz » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:42 pm

I'd read all the reviews of current models as they all vary like cars so much...then get the best spec for ur money +3yr warranty**!

:)

hardy

Postby hardy » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:31 pm

Yeah that's pretty much what i will be going with, Man they need to just build a pc that owns for good and leave it at that, then come up with something bigger and better then computers.. Not sure if thats possible haha. They need to be punished for coming up with the digital format, im quite drunk so it needs to be said lol...

crooGz
Clan Member

Postby crooGz » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:44 pm

for that price range - i go with toshiba...
Generaaly good machines, prolly dual core i5, win7 64 bit - 4 gb ram.... depending on the one you get - 4 usb ports... be prepared to watch it install for about 2.5 hours though....

hardy

Postby hardy » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:02 am

Ah nice one thanks, i ended up going with the samsung becuase of the i7 cpu and the 6gb of ram, i may have done something stupid but ill soon see lol. Im sick of purchasing technology items. They dont make them like they use too :(

Cheers

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”