Laptops?

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

crooGz
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby crooGz » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:35 am

Quote: They dont make them like they use too
heh - what buggy and untested? I thought was was what bleeding edge was all about...

Case in point the DV series from HP used to trap heat around the the video controller (south bridge) so much so, that the chip actually de-soldered itself from the board (Brought about by two things: RoHS compliace - the solder was not really solder, but a conductive plastic stuff, thing and the airflow was poor - particularly after sucking all the dust, mammoth fur and crap in creation in to the filter)
In any case, HP's recommendation? grab a towel, put it in the oven, cook it at about 180 deg c, - make it reeeeeaally hot (sorry no exact gauge here - 15-20 minutes should be fine though) and then wrap that around the laptop for about 20 minutes to remelt the 'solder'.

It often 'worked' but in the end those lappys would always die.

Point is, you made a choice, and time will only tell if it was a good one. But hey - sounds like an impressive beast though!

hardy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby hardy » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:57 am

Ah nice :)

Yeah i see your point and it's pretty funny shit!

haha

sifz

Re:

Postby sifz » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:05 pm

hardy

Postby hardy » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:23 pm

Yeah or use a linux distro :P yeah i agree it is pretty bloated with bs, however in comparison with ubuntu i find windows fresh install oem to be a bloated poor os anyway.. im hoping to eventually be able to migrate completely to linux. Im fed up with microsoft lol..

sifz

Postby sifz » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:35 pm

yep sounds good to me too....but what about games? I bet Crysis won't play on Linux...and I bet there's a lot more problems like that....For e.g. I can't make music on Linux cause the apps aren't dev for it... :(

hardy

Postby hardy » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:10 pm

yeah they are around :) just gotta know your commands and how it all works lol. fuckin brillant os!

sifz

Postby sifz » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:14 pm

sounds nice - model H?

hardy

Postby hardy » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:25 am

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”