Headphones

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
GURU
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Headphones

Postby GURU » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:47 pm

Bought Corsair HS1 headphones .They are usb but got some good reviews so i thought i would try them. They are a bit heavy at first but you get used to them pretty quick. They are super comfortable. also you need to use the softeware that comes with them or they are pretty ordinary but they are so fuckin good with the software. SENSATionAL ! Were $99 at CPL

Have seen a new non usb version but they are not any where near as good!

Also bought the Plantronics 777 R2 . havent used them nearly as much seem ok but nowhere near as good as the corsair HS1.

well i guess it is a personal taste thing to a degree but do your self a favour and go get them CORSAIR HS1 Sweet As ! :)
long live the P U T E Y ! :)

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:43 pm

I have a pair of these:
Best headphones I've ever owned, sound absolutely incredible. If you're in the market for headphones you can't go wrong with headphonic, I've had nothing but excellent experiences with them (I've bought 3 pairs of headphones from them so far), and their forum is full of good info.

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:27 pm

checked out your link . they seem pretty damn good. but they are 3 times the price of Corsair HS1.

The Corsair HS1 would be only average on anything other than a pc [without the software] unlike your Audio Technica:ATH-AD900

how do they fair on games and movies? it says they are great on music.

do you run an amp with them? it says not required but would be better with one.

are they heavy, comfortable etc? presume so?

cheers :)
long live the P U T E Y ! :)

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:29 pm

I don't watch movies wearing headphones, that's what fucking 5.1 surround systems are for!
They sound stunning on every album I've thrown at them, and they are great for gaming too - really precise with a great sound stage so you can hear exactly which direction any given sound came from.
I've got an Asus Xonar Essence ST sound card which has an on-board headphone amp, so yes they are amped. They do not require it though, they are meant to be very easy to drive. This sound card+headphones is a truly awesome combination. Given how much time I spend listening to music they were a very worthwhile investment.
They are freaking huge headphones though! Not heavy at all and super comfortable - I can wear them for hours on end and after 5 minutes I just forget they're there.

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”