Need some help with troubleshooting a pc issue.

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

hardy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Need some help with troubleshooting a pc issue.

Postby hardy » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:57 pm

frodo
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby frodo » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:02 am

hardy

Postby hardy » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:35 pm

sifz

Postby sifz » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:21 pm

hardy

Postby hardy » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:46 pm

crooGz
Clan Member

Postby crooGz » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:07 pm

hardy

Postby hardy » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:42 pm

sifz

Postby sifz » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:23 am

this really does sound nasty H...a bios level rootkit though is as rare as a bios virus...

considering your cmos has been changed its safe to say that something has attacked your bios. if possible grab another bios chip and replace yours....flashing might work....but sheesh this sounds real nasty....wtf were you doing to get this? lol

if flashing doesn't work then without replacing your bios chip it would be easier to get a different mobo and move on. :)

hardy

Postby hardy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:56 am

Lol i think it was an attack by someone i know, it's a long fucking story lol...

The attack was basically unfolding as i was on the defense trying to counter everything that was happening, each time i would come up with a new idea or a plan of attack, i would be countered with a new set of problems to try and solve lol and it all ended with the bios scenario.

I did an rf sweep of my house and found hardware key loggers and a couple of rf transmitters.

I don't expect you to believe this of course because it sounds like bullshit, but if theres one thing i understand, it's how rf works lol, and it definantly happened.

You know what the funniest thing was, Everytime i would power on my pc or try a different method of recovery, A car would drive up my road with the same sounding engine without fail and every time i would try to install a key logger scrambler or something like that they would do their best to ensure i couldn't do so.. haha

They didn't like it when i tried to install deep freeze :)

Also when i tried to buy a uhf/vhf jammer for my own piece of mind and GTFO basically i found my pay pal account frozen. Maybe becuase purchasing this would mean whoever is doing this would be shutdown :)

Mind you i haven't done anything wrong lol

Take what i say with a grain of salt as it sounds like a bloody fairytale haha, but yeah it had to be said.

Thanks for your help dudes

hardy

Postby hardy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:50 pm

Lol, im just reading over my story again, How is someone supposed to believe that ! haha

crooGz
Clan Member

Postby crooGz » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:13 pm

How much of what you did to counter these things did you do from the compromised system?

I ask this because it is clear that a fair amount of identity theft has occurred, and you might want turn your attention to a wider problem; such as what are you going to recover from that?

Second, from what you are saying, I would also, not trust the BIOS flash utility to successfully overwrite every remnant - since all it takes is a routine to be still present; which means the computer is still owned. Its reactivation may be trivial.

hardy

Postby hardy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:24 pm

Yeah lol, scary shit.. Umm how do you mean by the first sentence ? I pretty much just tried everything to the best of my knowledge/ability as i seen it unfold.

All i wanted to do was play some quake and browse some topics of interest and yeah shit started to hit the fan lol.

Why anyone would want my identity is beyond me lol, hell i ain't that interesting :)

Renzokuken

Postby Renzokuken » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:20 pm

were they ur mates or did u get broken into O.O'
Aim, movement and control have to work together for each of them alone to work for you. You may know timings but if you can't aim to fend someone off or move quick enough to get there what use is it to time then, don't favour one over the other 2. -Profanum

hardy

Postby hardy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:53 pm

Its a very long story man, id love to tell you, but thinking about the possibilities myself is enough as it is lol.

I was hoping not to bring the drama of my life to the PiT forums, but rather just get some first hand good advice so i can start getting some frags again!! :)

I know heaps of people from all different walks of life and i wouldn't put anything past a few of them..

hardy

Postby hardy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:54 pm

The worst bit is i can't come in and kick you arse Ren

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”