AMD RYZEN CPUS

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

GURU
Clan Member

AMD RYZEN CPUS

Postby GURU » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:59 pm

Hey there fellow pitonians, has anybody in here taken any notice of these new cpus from AMD !

Has any body got one, if so how is it?

Does anybody want one ?

Does anybody consider getting one?

Does anybody really care?

Is it Intel all the way?

cheers !

i been looking and looking and me thinks i will get one just to play with it and see if it is n e good?

cheers :)
long live the P U T E Y ! :)

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:21 pm

It'll probably be a while before I get a new tower. When I do I won't be ruling them out automatically.

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Re: AMD RYZEN CPUS

Postby Saratoga » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:39 pm

GURU wrote:Hey there fellow pitonians, has anybody in here taken any notice of these new cpus from AMD !
Na man... totally out of the loop
Has any body got one, if so how is it?
Nope, no idea
Does anybody want one ?
Umm... sure man
Does anybody consider getting one?
Im looking forward to it now
Does anybody really care?
We look to you ... you da Guru
Is it Intel all the way?
Im still kicking with the p4
cheers !

i been looking and looking and me thinks i will get one just to play with it and see if it is n e good?
Dont forget to package the mobo and ram when your done playing
cheers :)

Good to hear from ya m8 :D
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:38 am

RYZEN 2xxx series - they seem to be good! a bit of an improvement over the 1st series. but they dont really seem to overclock much unless you get the lower specced ones. but the 2700X seems to work better left as is than overclocking it . but it is good!
need to get myself one of these and have a play! hehe

any one thinking of getting one of these new cpu's?

anandtech did a review on them last week and patched up the current intel cpus ie 8700k spectre and meltdown flaws and found that the Ryzen 2700X was faster for the vast majority of things including games ! sounds good to me! :)

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:18 pm

as it turns out anandtech got their review of the Ryzen 2X series cpus a little bit wrong . intel is still a little bit faster but only marginally these days . even at at a lowly 1920x1080 res

as of late intel cpus are going up and up in price to rediculous levels cos of a shortage of them cos they cant seem to make 10nm cpus successfully . they have been struggling with this for the last 3 years, meanwhile AMD have leap frogged them ! Amazing really! :)

if you want to buy anything good that is not going to cost u you an arm or a leg or have to sell a kidney or 2 then i would steer clear of intel unless you are made of money . i guess you could buy the cheaper versions. even they have gone up a lot in price. :(

new Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti and RTX 2080 vidieo cards are out now too and you will need to sell all your families kidneys to secure on of these babies! the performance seems good at higher resolutions and they go on about this real time ray tracing and a new super sampling technology but for all us avearge Joes its not really do able eg performance is insanely expensive ! its just not worth it atm . :) no games currently use any of the new features yet anyways.

more bad news ram prices are stupidly expensive as well atm. arghhhhhhhhhhhhh pc gaming is tough at the moment :(

best value system now is probly -

AMD 2600/2600X $235/ $310 intel 8400 $300 or if want to overclock - intel 8600K $389
am4 mb B450/ X470 $165-300 intel mb H370/Z370 $180-350
ddr 4 ram 16GB $300 ,, ,,
vid card gtx 1080 $750 ,, ,,

with intel you will need to buy a seperate cooler ie hsf {amd comes with one in the box}

make sure you buy a good power supply of 650 watts miniumum approx $150

cheers BIG ears

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”