new mouse recommendations

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
shaderz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

new mouse recommendations

Postby shaderz » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:35 am

Hi everyone, i'm looking for a new mouse. I currently have an mx518 but the mouse wheel broke and i've had it for awhile now so I need something new. Quite happy with the shape and having 2 left side buttons, don't care about weights or profiles really just something straight forward and easy to use but good for QL. What are your recommendations?

Oh and budget, probably max $100 :)

INKoRP

Re: new mouse recommendations

Postby INKoRP » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:48 am

I got the Black EC1 or whatever one's the larger, initially I regretted it(getting the bigger one) but I wouldn't change it now. Has your 2 left thumb buttons and performs amazing. I thought it would be weird going from 3 Laser mice in a row (G700/Tt Black/Tt Theron) to this optical but it felt perfect and smoother in comparison.

Cost me like $75 delivered but the site I got it off no longer works (auswidecomputers)

You can get them from here, most expensive (not including freight) is $99.00AUD

I guess eBay's worth a look too?

Failing that my next choice would be taking a stab at anything touted as "good" from Steelseries or Razer or going with anything else from Logitech... Only thing stopping me is I'm not fond of the weight of them anymore although I haven't touched one since they started that new and updated G series.

INKoRP

Re: new mouse recommendations

Postby INKoRP » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:26 pm

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:33 pm

shaderz, i used to use a mx518 and loved it , when i died i got a G400s, almost the same if you can find one,
The G500 is the new replacement , i haven't used a 500
i have tried a few , my son just brought a steel series sensei and it also feels nice, but it did need a bit of tweaking through the software to get it working as he wanted it
it is the only one i like apart from the G400s
i have tried ........ cyborg rat , razor mamba and death-adder, corsair vengeance and raptor m40 they all feel like shit to me
That's just my opinion, the ones i dislike may suit you perfectly

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:02 pm

reminds me: Zowie's are "no drivers or software," just plug n play with a button on the bottom for DPI and some fuckery to change the polling rate... if you know or care about what a polling rate is...

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:22 pm

I got a death adder 2014.... I don't recommend it.its far to light for my looking and I find it almost impossible not to press the side buttons when you don't want to. There's a lot of love for the g400, however I haven't heard to much goodness about the500s. corsair would be my pick but don't think there would's much in your price range... :)
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:23 pm

I know how to spell btw... My phone doesn't
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

shaderz

Postby shaderz » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:39 pm

thanks for the recommendations, was already looking at the Zowie range as they have some pretty good reviews around the place. Hard to move on from a mouse you've been so happy using though heh. Narrowed it down to the EC1 Evo CL and the EC1-A. Removed the logitech g500s from the equation as it has mixed reviews.

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:32 pm

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:51 pm

I just re-jigged my thumb buttons, been using 2 for crouch and weapon drop for ages

borgasm
Clan Member

Postby borgasm » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:05 am

If you are still deciding...
I used to use a MX500, then went onto the MX518 when that died and since I liked them so much the most similar mouse I found was a logitech G9x. Its a touch shorter than the 518 but feels very similar in hand. two thumb buttons in the same spot, awesome scroll wheel (either smooth scroll or clicky scroll at the push of a button) and customisable DPI settings that you can change between 4 profiles with a deliberate mouse click. Or you can lock it to the one profile if you want.
I found that playing Tribes I need to boost up the sensitivity massively to be able to control aircraft but then drop it back when I jump out. nice and easy to do.
Happy Fragging.

hardy

Postby hardy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:36 am

I use one of these, it will set you back 99 bux its solid as fuck and has lots of programable options it;s a 6000 dpi mouse.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?mai ... s_id=15724

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”