New Computar

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
blink
Admin

New Computar

Postby blink » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:16 am

You and your red fabric robe, glasses and peace pipe in your mouth for that damned split second!

Sammus
Clan Member

Postby Sammus » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:31 am

Signature.

blink
Admin

Postby blink » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:54 am

You and your red fabric robe, glasses and peace pipe in your mouth for that damned split second!

blink
Admin

Postby blink » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:32 pm

Saratoga
Clan Leader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Saratoga » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:21 am

In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:20 pm

oh man, besides rotten fish, that is the most dreaded of all smells. I would have thought a 9800GTX + 5 HDDs would be pushing a 550w PSU, maybe that overloaded and juiced something it shouldn't have juiced? But really, I got no idea, I just wanted to post something, so even tho he doesn't come here any more I'll just call jof a cunt.

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:21 pm

oh blink = 666 posts. You should immediately put on some Iron Maiden and worship satan. Turn of post increments for your account as well, that's what I'll be doing when I hit the almighty number of the beast \m/

blink
Admin

Postby blink » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:45 pm

Well, I took the motherboard into the store today, and the technician there got it to post first time. Boy did I look like a fucking idiot...luckily he was nice enough to not charge me anything... so I took it back home, reinstalled the essential parts, and I got it to boot into windows first time. However none of the USB ports or onboard network card work - so I think the burning silicon smell was the chipset that drives those ports being cooked.

My working hypothesis at the moment is that we did a bad wiring job and/or the power supply didn't have enough juice as spud said.

If it was a bad wiring job I can maintain some sort of dignity, because I had a friend helping me with the build, and he wired up all the IO ports the first time around... but in any case, I think I will spring for a new motherboard and power supply to be safe.

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:33 pm

doesnt sound very good, the smell of all this burning stuff. the p45 chipsets are a way good cos you can run them in a proper dodgy Xfire mode with 2 x 8x which works reasonably well. pitty no body ever uses it!

One of the latest atomic mags has the new Gigabyte P45 m/bs using twice the thickness of circuitry in them making them super stiff and strong and are Xcelelnet overclockers although they are a little more expensive. around $240. I WANT ONE ! hehe
long live the P U T E Y ! :)

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”