KVM switch aten 1782a CubiQ

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
IN4ME
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

KVM switch aten 1782a CubiQ

Postby IN4ME » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:54 pm

Hi ppl
I"m doing a little review on this switch
These are the recommended for gamers.
support for nvidia 3d and 120hz monitors...
With my set up...
no1 rig no2 rig
Asus p8p67 XFX790i ultra
I5 2500K @ 4.5g QX 9650 @ 3.8
8 gig 1866 ripjaws 8 gig muskin 1333 (overclocked 1800) div 5/4
ssd 120vertex 2 raptor 160 gig drives
V8 cooler noctor twin fan thing
window7 windows 7 vmwares, linux folding@home mostly Backtrack
ethernet connection wireless. conection
2.1 logie tec THX. BenQ 120hz monitor 24"

Razor Deathadder mouse
Razor Black widow keyboard...
http://www.aten.com/products/productIte ... no=CS1782A
rear panel for the mouse and keyboard with ya 120 monitor in there as well as 7.1 suround sound..
I haven't tested this wth aother mouse bet the rear panel doesn't recognize mouse. no bummer just have to use the front usb2 port.
This would be a great switch for switching and just gaming at home fraps shows frame rates 125 in 120hz game mode.
There is definitely keyboard and mouse lag when on QL gaming.. with anomalies due to lag, feels like my old keyboard and connection to the net with first lcd monitor.... but with a better quality to it. :D Tested with 2nd pc and the same outcome. I do have a wireless mouse but i'm not even going to try it, cause we know it's crappy input for gaming.
this would be a great switch if it supported as advertised, gaming keyboards and mouse..
There is some feed back hum through the speakers as well, nothing to do with proximity of the amp but that could be debated..
I Could live with that and other small issues but not the lag with mouse and keyboard. Big Fail
This may be address in the coming weeks with more experience with variable settings, possibly firmware upgrade.. but out of the Box set up and play... well disappointing in the end...Day three persistence and my patience has worn thin, There's also this annoying bit where the key doesn't display after it's been pressed. just now and then a random.
This may be just with my unit and my definition of what i would expect, omg i got high expectations and believe the hype...
There is very little on the review side and less on the actual real time tec side for this product...
pretty piss poor for the throughput for the keyboard.. very laggy wit this keyboard as opposed to direct input to pc..in gaming situations... And that is all that is of import
Thanks

IN4ME
Clan Member

Postby IN4ME » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:33 pm

After reading the instructions turning of keyboard and mouse emulation
the only real problem left with this switch is the feed back. sent a query to Aten..
but other than that this is turned out to be a great buy for my needs in running several pc with single keyboard and mouse ...
yeh i should read more on the how to section......:D

IN4ME
Clan Member

Postby IN4ME » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:24 am

Just will finish a long nite with this little write up about this switch.
it's junk !!!! it's F%^K'in not good.
invoking HSM on page 22 and alternative invoke p23 (h) to toggle those processes p48 for trouble shooting gaming keyboard
default is emulation which causes latency while gaming and some anomalies. that applies to the mouse as well. so invoke the HSM
press (N) to disable emulation for keyboard and m for mouse . yeah works fantastic. problem is HSM will not work again so no changing anymore of the variables. Nothing applies which is indicated in the user manual. must be firmware. yeh fantastic idea...
i guess it's about what i do with stuff that others wouldn't do with it necessarily. which is why i am up later than most ppl
enjoying a nite of slumber.... the mic passthrough is a problem as well for ventrilo and skype use..
To be perfectly Honest i wouldn't waist my money on this switch up\nless the fix is in a firmware update... get back to ya on that.

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”