Telstra vs Optus Quakelive

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dv8
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Telstra vs Optus Quakelive

Postby Dv8 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi pplz ,

I,ve recently moved adresses and with it because of circumstances beyond my control am stuck with optus Adsl .
In Quakelive my ping has gone from 50 ping(telstra) to 70 ping(optus) although not much difference , ingame it feels
more like dialup , certainly not as quick to get shots of as my telstra connection .

I had the same problems at my old address when my ex went optus on me without telling me :-/
switched back to telsra , ping was fine again .
So im assuming its just optus and the way its routed . Dl speeds are acceptable but still only halve the speed of telstra.
Brand new , latest optus modem .

I think its a lost cause but does anybody know of any modem tweeks or console commands that im unaware of
to fix this ?

Not playing much quakelive atm and this is only putting me off .

netgear router dgn2200

Thankyou for any help ...

Skrillex

Postby Skrillex » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:52 pm

i got dodo and i got 40 - 50 pinng :D
Tickle My Pickle :3

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”