Another obscure Windows question

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
blink
Admin

Another obscure Windows question

Postby blink » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:42 pm

In explorer, is there a way to prevent Windows from scanning the files? This is most annoying when you have a folder full of video/movie files and Windows tries to find out information about each file like dimensions/bitrates/etc. and you have to wait while your hard drive gets flogged. Note that I'm looking for a more general solution to this problem rather than disabling individual attribute columns in explorer. Halp!
You and your red fabric robe, glasses and peace pipe in your mouth for that damned split second!

Kamikazee
Admin

Postby Kamikazee » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:30 pm

Tools->Folder Options->view->Display file information in tool tips ?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success

blink
Admin

Postby blink » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:09 pm

Might not have been clear from my original post, but I'm talking about all this stuff..
Attachments
fileScanning.JPG
(70.09 KiB) Downloaded 578 times
You and your red fabric robe, glasses and peace pipe in your mouth for that damned split second!

Leone
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Leone » Thu May 01, 2008 10:28 am

I use 2XExplorer instead :)

Kamikazee
Admin

Postby Kamikazee » Thu May 01, 2008 4:34 pm

i figured thats what you were after, but i don' think can you turn that shit off.

blink
Admin

Postby blink » Thu May 01, 2008 5:02 pm

Not with that attitude!

blink
Admin

Postby blink » Thu May 01, 2008 5:06 pm

Oh yeah that program seems pretty interesting leone. Seems a bit heavy handed, but I'll have a look into it later cos it seems to have some cool other features.

Kamikazee
Admin

Postby Kamikazee » Thu May 01, 2008 5:24 pm

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”