Help me find a lappy

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

Rusty
Clan Member

Postby Rusty » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:33 pm

I know some people really hate dell (I agree to some extent with desktops, custom builds are better). But my brother has had a dell laptop for over a year now and its rock solid. I also have 2 dell Axim pda's and they both have been excellent. If I were you i would also consider dell in your purchase options. My $0.02 worth :)

jof
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jof » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:05 am

My brothers been asking me about laptops as he wants to get one. I know sweet fa about them as I've never owned one, but I've been doing some research for him and it seems hard to go past Dell for bang for buck. The Toshiba's get good reviews but are expensive as fuck.

..ME..

Postby ..ME.. » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:12 am

well guess what... its been put off again; i was parked on the side of the road at work and a coucil subcontractor liked the place where i parked and ended up driving over my car, wrote it off. He then reversed out and drove off without leaving details. Lucky someone saw it happen (couldnt get licence plates tho) and i was able to track down the company. I managed to get an insurance payout on wednesday so the money i was going to use for my lappy is now being used for a VT commodore, its being delivered next week. Im going to get a reasonable amount of tax back so i may get a desktop then; or i might use it for either extractors and exhaust so it sounds like a nice commodore or maybe suspention or mags, depends what im able to affored at the moment; doing a fair bit of overtime to try and affored everything
Long live the =PiT=

Rusty
Clan Member

Postby Rusty » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:50 am

One thing some people may not consider when buying a laptop is spare parts! If your mobo shit its self and you have an uncommon laptop prepare to loose an arm to pay for a new one.

GURU
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby GURU » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:30 pm

bugger
long live the P U T E Y ! :)

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”