Viewsonic 28" VX2835wm Lcd Monitor !

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

GURU
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Viewsonic 28" VX2835wm Lcd Monitor !

Postby GURU » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:45 pm

my misses gone to hospital today for an op and has been hinting to me lately at a big lcd monitor to play her W.O.W on. :)

i suggested to her that ther was no where to put it and with in 30 mins her putey desk was spotlessly clean! fkn amazing that! [$900 ]

n e ways i went and got her one to day and it is absolutely beautiful! it still aint no CRT but !
it is a different type of picture! still it looks pretty sweet! and it is soooooo fkn big! and cheap 4 wot it is!

! i will play around with it for a few days till she gets back[ when i go and pick her up that is on sunday] :)

very sexual .

n e on else got one of these big babies?
long live the P U T E Y ! :)

BUSTER
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby BUSTER » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:59 pm

A mate of mine has one its pretty cool i thaught the contrast ratio was a bit low, and ya gota sit back a bit to see the fkn thing otherwise its a good buy.
OOPS DID I ASK FOR SOMETHING?

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:45 pm

i find u have to have the bloody thing tilted all the way forwards and a bit down so as the top of the screen isnt too dark, darker than the rest of the screen!
i guess its the vertical veiwing angle limitations coming into play !

it has some sort of auto image sizer thingy which actually works quite well. it makes Q3A fit properly although i m not sure if it is streched or not! and it does this for pretty much all games so far! at non native res.
i also tried running it at its native res 1900x1200 and it is a lot sharper pic. [higher res of course]

played wow i did, and it seems to hover around 30fps for her putey . tried some fighting and it didnt seem to deviate stuff all actually! keep testing it i will!

[amd xp2600+ 6600gt 1gb ram xpsp2+] it is a lot better thaN I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE! :)

Greatbloke
Clan Member

Postby Greatbloke » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:34 am

GURU's getting head when his misses gets home.....

...... when she finally goes to bed after three straight days of WOW :D

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:39 pm

guru, if you are running Q3 at a 4:3 (e.g. 1600x1200) or 5:4 (e.g. 1280x1024) resolution then it is most defintely being stretched by your new monitor if, as you say, it is being "auto image sized". Change that shit! Q3 at 1920x1200 at fov 120 is awesome, but it does take a little getting used to.

Also, I say to anyone who still thinks that CRTs are inherently better gaming monitors than LCDs - you're living in the past, quit living in the past! I was (as usual) a hold-out against the new tech, but once I made the switch there's no way I would ever go back to a CRT after having this 24" Dell, everything about the LCD is superior - color reproduction, brightness, contrast, color richness, ease of use are all much better. Plus there's no friggin around with horizontal or vertical stretch or manually fitting the image to the screen, or refresh rate garbage. LCD is the winner in this war for good reason. I'm sure there is some technical stats or reasons as to why I'm "wrong" but the above is my now unswayable new opinion on the matter of monitors ;)

Greatbloke
Clan Member

Postby Greatbloke » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:29 pm

... and they use 1/4 of the power of a CRT of the same size.

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:42 pm

i have only played it for about 10 mins or so .

i had a quick look at Q3A and also Kotor and WOW ! wot can i say it is fkn big! dwarfs teh old 21" Sony! i measured them both up with a tape and it is almost twice as big as the old Sony 21", almost but not quite!

maybe im old fashioned but personally i prefer the Sony 21" image quality over the lcd monitor! for now at least!

yeah i want a lot of "put out" to make up 4 this ! hehe hahaha all im gonna get is please play wow with me, u promised etc etc ! :(

Kamikazee
Admin

Postby Kamikazee » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:59 am

Spud, so you've finally seen the light. "haha" to everyone who mocked me when I switched to an LCD and boasted of the benefits.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success

BUSTER
Clan Member

Postby BUSTER » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:50 am

I cant get my moitor to run q3 at 1980x1050 even though i set the custom width and hight it still goes back to 1024x768, and if i go high res in the game i get an error could not load open GL subsystem. Other games are fine.

BUSTER
Clan Member

Postby BUSTER » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:52 pm

all fixed ...nice new monitor.

Greatbloke
Clan Member

Postby Greatbloke » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:16 pm

LOL Buster, No mucking around for you.

BUSTER
Clan Member

Postby BUSTER » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:17 pm

Running at 1920X1200 in q3 .anyone no how you cant make the console text bigger. Or should i keep my magnifying glass taped to the top rh corner of the screen.

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:01 pm

well i aint seen the light just yet ther kami ! but im tryin' ! hehe

2 magnifying glasses taped to ya head one each eye ort to do the trick! thats wot i do! hehe haha :P

wot did u cure it with ther buster?

BUSTER
Clan Member

Postby BUSTER » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:40 am

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:50 pm

how is it buster ?

from what i have read the Samsung LCD monitors seem to be the best of them all! but u pay for it!

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”