Hey Guru

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jof
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hey Guru

Postby jof » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:22 pm

Just got my new system today and having major hassles with the Logitech 5.1 system. I remember you said you have the same model... have you ever had problems with blowing fuses or power issues?

When I set it up this afternoon I turned it on and it had no power. I farted around with everything for a while convinced I had done something wrong before driving to Aus PC Market so they could take a look. When I got there they plugged it in and confirmed it was dead and went and got a new one. I watched as the guy plugged it in and it worked, the console unit powered up and all looked well. Finally got it home this evening after battling peak hour traffic. Before I went through the pain in ass process of routing all the fucking speaker wires (again) I plugged it in the power point, no problem it had power. I then checked it in the expensive protected powerboard I bought with the PC. Again no problems it had power. Sweet I thought and I spent the next 15 minutes routing all the speaker wires. Of course I had switched it off while I made all the connections. I then switched it on once I had connected all the speakers... AND FUCK ME DEAD NO POWER AGAIN!! ARGHHHHHHHH!

I think it is blowing it's fuse, but I'm not sure. I did some quick googling and did find a few people that have had the fuses periodically blow on them, some suggest just putting new fuses in... which is an option, but so far I must have blown two and the speakers haven't played a note yet. Ughhh... I wonder if it just doesn't like the surge protected powerboard for some reason.

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:57 pm

well that is really wierd. yes i have the same speakers. i also run mine through a surge protected power baord with out n e probs. alos works fine with no surge board.
i have never had a problem with htem speakers at all! i get a little pop sometimes although i am lead to believe it is the sound card that causes it! [audigy 2 zs]

u could also try running it with out the surge protected baord to eliminate that beng a potential prob.
if it makes no diff then i would ring them up auspcmarket and have a chat to someone about it! i dont think it is u except maybe the power baord.

off the top of my head i reckon u may be in the middle of a bad batch of them speakers? a few years ago klipsch had a bad batch of their own kickass pc speakers and it stains the company name really bad unfortunately!
long live the P U T E Y ! :)

jof
Clan Member

Postby jof » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:47 am

Well I've spent all night reading post after post on various message boards about ppl who get this blown fuse problem. Seems most ppl say it tends to happen when they turn the power on or off via the switch at the back of the sub. I think I did this both times.

This problems seems to go back from 2005 till now, so I don't think it's a bad batch.

I'll get a few new fuses from Jaycar tomorrow and see if I can get it running.

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:43 am

well i dont use that switch at the back of the sub although i have used it once or twice!

but i always leave it plugged in and on and just use the remote to turn it on! dont seem to give me n e probs that way!

out of curiousity what sort of fuse is it just in case mine blows one day ? type and out put etc !

also is it a regular occurance this blown fuse prob ?

from a forum post they say it is - Ok it was the fuse that had blown, so replace this with the same type fuse T2A, time delay fuse. Works fine again.

jof
Clan Member

Postby jof » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:56 am

Changed the fuse this morning and this time connected everything and made sure the back of the sub was switched to on position *before* pluging it in to the wall and it worked. Seems to be working okay, have had some Fear Factory blaring through it for the last half an hour... fuck me these things are powerful for their size! Still need to pick an optical cable for digital out for music/movies.

The fuse is a 205 (20mm x 5mm) 2 Amp Slow Blow fuse. Any Dick Smith or Jaycar will have them. I bought spares in case I need them again. I also bought some 2.5 Amp... I thought maybe a higher rated fuse might remedy the problem. Haven't used the 2.5A though as the first 2A is doing the job.

Now to install some games finally! :roll:

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:35 pm

sweet ther jof. goood to finally hear u got them ther beast of a setup alll angry n ready to rumble. ;)

they just rock ! shake the house down thye will!

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”