QUAD CORE OVERCLOCKING ! ooooh yeahhhhhh !

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
GURU
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

QUAD CORE OVERCLOCKING ! ooooh yeahhhhhh !

Postby GURU » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:34 pm

well i got around to cranking this baby up and so far it will do 3ghz on std everything ! woohoo!

2.4ghz @3.0GHZ ! 3ghz of QUAD CORE GOODNESS ! hehe :P

at 3.0ghz 3dmark 2006 v1.1.0 = 10040 ! yeah ! :)
long live the P U T E Y ! :)

jof
Clan Member

Postby jof » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:59 pm

Yeah I heard these chips OC big time. I'll most likely be getting the same CPU as you got in my new box.

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:24 am

i tried 3240mhz with std everything but it crashed a little way through 3dmark 2006 .

cos i am only running stock heasink/fan i fiddled with the cpu fan settings through the gigabyte easy tune 5 proggy and made it come in flat out ie %100 at 20Cand not 65C like at default . flat out all the time it is now. it is pretty quiet and runs at 1650rpm so it says.

i downloaded a lil progry to tell me all 4 core temps in system tray. at idle they seem to run around 25C through easy tune and around 26-28 in core temp monitor! still that is pretty damn cool and that is at idle oveclocked at 3ghz !

i need some way of getting this thing to be able to record temps while benchmarking. still looking into it.

wonder if orthos can do 4 cores at once?

i had 2 manually set the ram at the quoted specscos the m/board set it very conservative. ie it was running at 1.8volts at 5-5-5-15 @ 400mhz [effective 800mhz]. spec 4-4-4-15 @1.9v @400mhz.

jay
Clan Member

Postby jay » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:16 pm

Attachments
SFG.jpg
Speedfan Graph Monitor
SFG.jpg (40.92 KiB) Viewed 2658 times
SF.jpg
Speedfan
SF.jpg (37.29 KiB) Viewed 2658 times

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:44 am

thanks jay . :)
i have heard about it but never tried it myself.
sounds just like what i could use to be quite helpful in overclocking and keeping the temps under a close eye!

today Monday 15th October 07

well i got a new thermalright ultra 120 extreme HSF unit today with 120mm fan and alos the HR-05 ifx chipset heatsink and 80mm fan !

i put them on but i couldnt fit the bloody chispset fan cos ther is no bloody room at all! ! :(
a quick check and at idle overclocked 3ghz it idles at around 28C and under full load [ all 4 cores maxed out] it is around 50C ! now that is pretty damn good at full load cos the stock HSF runs around 70C on a cool day so it would be worse today!

i let the motherboard auto adjust the cpu core voltage and it seems to run around 1.4 volts at 3.0ghz .

i went back and manually adjusted the cpu core temp at a fixed 1.35 v max. then i overclocked it to 3105mhz and run prime95 v25.5 [maxes out all 4 cores] and run a few goes of 3dmark2006 at the same time and checked temps and stability. runs fine no probs !

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”