Antivirus ...

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dv8
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Antivirus ...

Postby Dv8 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:48 pm

G,day poeples ...
just wondering i have avast , avg , kapersky ,which would be the best ?
(vista)

cheerio's ... :-D

..ME..

Postby ..ME.. » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:46 pm

i quiet like avg but i spose as long as they are updated all the time it doesnt matter, most are pretty much as good as each other
Long live the =PiT=

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:01 pm

i am using avg free atm but it has a few little issues which i find annoying.

it seems to misread pretty much all cracks as being viruses and wants to quarentine and delete them ! thats really annoying!
long live the P U T E Y ! :)

..ME..

Postby ..ME.. » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:53 am

yeh i found that as well, its cause of the signature the coder uses but just about every antivirus shows the cracks as viruses
Long live the =PiT=

Leone
Clan Member

Postby Leone » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:23 pm

I still stand by Avast.

kanonfoda
Clan Member

Postby kanonfoda » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:01 am

Ditto to Leo. Avast is quick to download its updates and updates regularly. I've never had an issue with it and have been using it for years.
Did I just say that?

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:31 pm

well i looked up nline what is the best anti virus and supposedly Kasperky rates pretty darn good.

so i installed it in all its glory and tried it out. well f..k me ! it screwed up my internet! aghhhhh!

i ended up using system restore [oh how i lurvvv system restore] to be rid of it!

i have now installed avast free version. im am trying it out!

it seems to me me that all these anti virus programs have all these new fandango things included with them, like web shield and p2p shield, mail shield etc ! fuck all want is to have anti virus and mail scanner! geez !

geesh, i will have to re-edjumacate meself!

might even have another go of Kaspersky! nothing like tempting fate i say!

..ME..

Postby ..ME.. » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:18 pm

NOD has been getting some pretty decent reviews on vista as had one care but one care has also failed a fair few 3rd party testings
Long live the =PiT=

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:12 pm

Nod32 is the best, both from the pov that it catches pretty much everything and from the pov that it's just AV - runs in the background (currently using 25k memory) and doesn't try and pull any shit on you. It's quiet and effective.

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:57 pm

sounds good spudly, might give it a go! :)

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:39 pm

avast all the way.........i been useing it for yrs and had no probs at all

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”