is this system ok ?

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dv8
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

is this system ok ?

Postby Dv8 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:22 pm

Leone
Clan Member

Postby Leone » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:48 pm

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:29 pm

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:13 am

looks good ! 2k seems about right!.

BUT ..... u can get Intel Quad core RIGHT NOW for only $400 and also u would be better off to get a P35 chipset as it will have much better FUTURE upgrade support. or Nvidia 680i or u could wait till...

also in sept 2007 Intel will be releasing their new high performance chipset X38. it is rumoured to be able to SLI and also Xfire. but u will be paying top dollar ! ouch! :(

points to remember with P35-

they loose pretty much all backwards support,

offer as much future proofing as u can currently get.

seem to be a bit more expensive for the time being .

seem to offer similar performance as P965

and they seem to offer similar overclocking capability as the P965 [and they were fkn good]. ;)

of course to round it off u need a kick ass monitor and speakers to go with it! hehe

a few questions? what model is the motherboard?

as stated above what is the power supply?
long live the P U T E Y ! :)

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:36 am

just a question , i dont fully understand the dual core thing ,
this cpu is clocked at 2.40 ghz , i currently have a p4 2.53 ghz , whats the diff ?

so its dual cpu,s running @ 2.4 ?

totals ??? ghz ?

from what i could see on the net their was only 2 models of the MB both looked good
but im still waiting for an answer ...

btw im gonna go the P35 S3 Mb

still looking at psu,s ...

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:07 pm

dual core cpus and quad core cpus are as they say !

dual cores have 2 cpu cores on the one chip and quad cores have 4 cpu cores on the chip!
basically when u look at them they all look the bloody same ! but hey can do a lot more work if the programs support multiple cores. games are starting to take advantage of dual cores and some more than 2 cores!

as for speed yes the Intel E6600 has 2 x cpu cores on the one chip running at 2.4ghz !
dont think of it as 4.8ghz cos it AINT ! and so on with quad cores .

and the Q6600 is the quad core which has 4 x cpu cores running at 2.4ghz.

the quad core cpu is actually about $360

u have basically 3 choices in cpus

1 - quad core Q6600 2.4ghz = $360 best value for quad core [only one thats cheap enough]
2- dual core E6600 2.4ghz = $300 best value of the 1066fsb cores
3 - dual core E6750 2.66ghz = $250 best value for dual core

as for motherboard i would go the "p35-ds3P" route as long as it aint too expensive!

looking at CPL in melb it is only $10 more than the ds3 . wood b well worth it!
long live the P U T E Y ! :)

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:16 pm

INTEL CONROE E6600 Dual core duo
Gigabyte GA-P35_S3 Motherboard
4 gigs DDR2 Memory ( 4096 megabytes ) 667 mhz
ATX Case 550 Watt Silent Power
768 megabytes NVidia 8800GTX Video PCI-express (Leadtech)
400 gigabytes SATA2 Hard Disk Drive
Internal Card reader - Multiformat
Pioneer 112D Dual Layer DVD Burner

Plays BF2 all on high with AA on 4 x (doesnt touch the sides ) looks alot better , v , nice ..

Played bioshock demo on vista , all on high looks nice but didnt really think much of it , nice water effects tho , again didnt miss a beat new comp just chews it and spits it out the other end ..

Pretty Happy with it , looking forward to CRYSIS ....

..ME..

Postby ..ME.. » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:11 pm

nice looking pc there dv8, i would happily swap :P
Long live the =PiT=

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”