TAFPO ! need help with tv card ya bastards! hehe arghhhhh

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
GURU
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

TAFPO ! need help with tv card ya bastards! hehe arghhhhh

Postby GURU » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:10 am

bought a tv card [dvico "dual" digital ] approx 10 months ago. put it in uber putey. works great after fkn nightmare start. had to be dual but! hehe ;)

fixed that first prob - had to make the agp memory thingy in bios upto 256mb or it just wouldnt work at all!

n e ways when we moved nephew to his grandmas last xmas all my putey stuff came back in to putey room. after settling in to putye room, i noticed this small ruby red block of platic at the time and didnt know WTF it was so i ummmed and aghed about it and threw it in the bin [oh the pain i could have saved myself]. n e ways it turns out it is a filter block off the infrared remote pickup off the tv card. it has a cable which plugs into back of tv card and IR sensor in other end where filter block is!

i only realized this /worked it out when i reinstalled tv card back into my shitter putye . the card works fine but the remote just wont work at all. the remote control part seems to work ok but the tv card cant seem to get the signal. :( i tried a mateys remote control [exactly the same model remote but has a diff pick up] it is no differrent . ie dont work.

i took it to where i bought it from and said to them i am sure the ruby red filter is the problem but the sales person went and asked some one and came back to me and said nah it aint but htey will send it a way . fuk 8 weeks later i get it back and it is no diff ! argh fuk i am depressed. 1.5hr drive each way to get it .

i quizzed a matey on it and he assured me that the pickup wont work without the filter.
n e ways the place of purchase [CPL melb who are genreally really good] said that ther was nothing wrong with the card [was supposedly sent back to Korea] .i plugged it in yesterday and it is the same. i
i am going to lput it back into the other uber putey and test it in that cos the remote worked shit hot in that !

i have noticed a couple of things that dont seem quite right.

1 - i am dead sure it is missing the ruby red filter block. must have been glued in very poorly.
2 i have noticed on this putey that the supposed drivers that should be visible in windows device manager are not all there. suspect. although these a later drivers than originally used.

3 -have not tried it back in uber putey yet, to see if it si the same or not!
4 - definately remote control is ok .

i would happily pay $20 for a new IR cable but it seems fkn impossuible to get one!
i would have thought that at cpl they would A test it and B try out another IR cable even if they split a box and C FFS they would not take 8 weeks for nothing to happen!

so do n e of u guys out ther have much knowledge on Infrared pickup cables or even ther general operation! or even where i could get one. the cable it self seems to be used a in a shit load of the Dvico tv card models! i looked them up and it seems to be a fairly general type pick up along with the actual remote that goes with it!

the tv card works perfectly, it is just the remote control that will not work!
oh and also the card doesnt seem to like me trying to change the default location for where it downloads stuff too! fkn bitch it is!

cheers GURU !
long live the P U T E Y ! :)

..ME..

Postby ..ME.. » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:56 pm

the red filter shouldnt really matter, it hasnt for me before at least, maybe a different quality IR recieve diode needs them, try some red cellophane, it should filter it enough, once u have tried obsolutaly everything and u still cant get it working try buying a new diode from tandy or jaycar, they are 75cents-$1 from memory, solder it in and give that a shot, wouldnt try that until all ur options are exhausted tho, just in case u fuck it more lol, if the cellophane doesnt work try trying the filter off another remote, older ones have them on the remote and also on the tv.
Long live the =PiT=

Greatbloke
Clan Member

Postby Greatbloke » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:32 pm

Greatbloke
Clan Member

Postby Greatbloke » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:53 pm

Ahh I just came across a video clip that shows how to fix the problem Guru .. he he he

..ME..

Postby ..ME.. » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:39 pm

sorry to take over ur thread guru but i have a problem with a tv tuner of my own, i have a adaptec game bridge, its a high def tv tuner, and u can also plug in games consoles and vcr's, i got it ages ago and i couldnt get it to work properly and gave up, just tried with it again. i try to tune a station in which isnt the problem, when i go to watch the station i get a a half rendered picture and the picture freezes, the computer is fine tho and its not using all its resources. the picture streams good when there is just static on the screen, just when its trying to display actual tv images. im pretty sure its the same on composite cable as it is on coax cable, ideas?
Long live the =PiT=

..ME..

Postby ..ME.. » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:53 pm

just incase u can google something that i couldnt
Long live the =PiT=

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:26 pm

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:30 am

well i have fukked around with it for 8 hrs yesterday !
the tv card after returning from being fixed! its ok they say!

well at first i could get it to work sweet but still with no remote. tried 6 diff drivers. then i could only get it it to work with remote "yeehhaa" but no channels could be found! WTF? and after lots of cursing and swearing it all seems to work! the remote didnt seem to work till i unplugged the usb printer cable! possible needed to reboot or even just load remote program. not sure which!

in the end i got it to work ok! thank fk.

it is a complicated affair but diff drivers have diff stuff that loads up that u can check for to amke sure all the drivers are loaded.! so i had to find what stuff for what drivers. i am much more wel informed now albeit not very happy with the whole affair but it works and it works properly now ! i even worked out how to change the default download directory ! some fkn weird setup to do it but ! now i will have to try out ripping and converting again!

geez i am having a bad week ! 2fuk ups in the last week ! all putey releated ! :( oh the stress of it all! ;)

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”