Firefox causing temp IP ban?

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jof
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Firefox causing temp IP ban?

Postby jof » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:12 pm

I'm trying to diagnose a problem I have with a few websites. Mainly IGN.com, and I also get the issue from time to time with google and also youtube. With IGN suddenly the images won't load at all and sometimes the whole site (I just see maybe the header and the rest of the page won't load). If I reboot my modem and try again it will be fine for a few minutes worth of viewing then the problem will happen again. Rebooting the modem will once again fix it. Lather rince repeat.

If I use IE after the reboot (and only IE) I can view the site with no issues. The second I view IGN through FF the site will neither load in FF or IE till a modem reboot.

With google and youtube it's far more random. But at least once a week they will not load for me either and I reboot the modem and they are immdeiately back to normal.

Tried googling for answers this afternoon and couldn't really find any answers. I'm wondering if it's a setting in FF that is causing some sort of flooding or something else that causes a server to block me. I'm assuming that the modem reboot simply gives me a new dynamic IP hence I can view the site again (at least temporarily).

Ideas?

PS: I have defragged my hard drive, degaussed my monitor and updated my keyboard drivers to no avail!

BUSTER
Clan Member

Postby BUSTER » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:05 pm

Have you tryed deleting FF and then reinsalling it.

Oh and dont forget to overclock your CPU :wink:
OOPS DID I ASK FOR SOMETHING?

jof
Clan Member

Postby jof » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:16 pm

I was trying to leave that as a last resort but if I have to I will.

Leone
Clan Member

Postby Leone » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:24 pm

Try checking your IP before and after the modem reboot to see if you really are being assigned a new IP. You might not be, and then it's not a case of your IP being banned....just something else.

disgracian
Clan Member

Postby disgracian » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:59 pm

Cheers,

jof
Clan Member

Postby jof » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:48 am

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:09 pm

Also, if you've ever made any of the cfg changes to up the number of http connections or used the FasterFox plugin these may also be causing issues. It probably is worth uninstalling firefox (remember the directories in your home directory), it's not a big deal, just back up your bookmarks and run a vanilla firefox to see if that helps.

jof
Clan Member

Postby jof » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:05 pm

Didn't seem to work Dis. Disabled it and still having issues with IGN.

Spud: pretty sure I haven't messed with those settings or extensions. Might be time for a good old fashioned format C anyway. ;D

Off topic: One thing I'm loving about my xbox 360. Works first time, everytime! No fucking with config files, looking up forums, searching for patches... shit just works!! I think there's something in that for all of us! ;)

disgracian
Clan Member

Postby disgracian » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:10 pm

I still prefer the Wii.
Cheers,

jof
Clan Member

Postby jof » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:01 am

The Wii looks too much like hard work. You actually have to move and shit. :)

Rusty
Clan Member

Postby Rusty » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:19 pm

:D

Leone
Clan Member

Postby Leone » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:42 pm

Yeah but if you injure yourself you could sue Nintendo for $$$ :D

..ME..

Postby ..ME.. » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:56 pm

only problem is that by buying the product u are accepting resonsibility to use it as directed and there are warning labels over it and the manual, this is a crazy world and u can pretty mu ch sue for anything but i think ull have as mush success as suing coke if u laugh while drinking it and it burns ur nose while it comes out, u never know tho, the world is a pretty messed up place and its going to get worse
Long live the =PiT=

BUSTER
Clan Member

Postby BUSTER » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:54 pm

I love the Wii ,Wii have a ball with it , the tennis is great fun and so is the boxing. Zelda took about 50 houres to finish, but it dosnt save at the final boss......thats shit.
OOPS DID I ASK FOR SOMETHING?

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”