Laptop Native screen res

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

..ME..

Laptop Native screen res

Postby ..ME.. » Tue May 15, 2007 6:52 pm

New install on a toshiba satellite pro 6100 has left me with a black bar down the side of the screen; i have tried everything i can think of, i cant seem to find the native res. 3 monitors are installed and keep appearing when i uninstall them (1 plug and play monitor and 2 default monitors)

have tried defrag for whoever is first to suggest that; also tried another new install.

any ideas?

thanks
Long live the =PiT=

Leone
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Leone » Tue May 15, 2007 9:10 pm

Put the laptop into the oven at a low temp. That should shrink the screen and get rid of the black bar.

Greatbloke
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Greatbloke » Wed May 16, 2007 7:44 am

Lap top dancing has a habit of swelling things too. So a cold shower could be another option... and tell it not to dance anymore.

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Wed May 16, 2007 8:56 am

well u need to be much more specific ! ther are a few diff variations of the model u have mentioned!

diff cpus, diff vid cards, ram hdds, and on and on !

the higher end one has a 15 inch screen with native res of 1600x1200 .
the lower end ones run lower native res! depends what one u have!

what drivers r u loading for the vid card whether it is on board or not?

once u know what u have then u can try and update it!
long live the P U T E Y ! :)

blink
Admin

Postby blink » Wed May 16, 2007 9:08 am

wait.. you tried defragging your hard drive to find your monitors native resolution???
You and your red fabric robe, glasses and peace pipe in your mouth for that damned split second!

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Wed May 16, 2007 9:58 am

yes it is stupid but id rather not go ther.

BUSTER
Clan Member

Postby BUSTER » Wed May 16, 2007 10:14 am

Native res should be 16x 12 also make shure to check refesh rate.

And have you tryed overclocking you cpu? :)
OOPS DID I ASK FOR SOMETHING?

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Wed May 16, 2007 12:44 pm

with refernece to the defragging ot fix teh res problem, well maybe overclocking is not as out of teh question either? hehe haha ! u just neverr know! haha :P

..ME..

Postby ..ME.. » Wed May 16, 2007 4:21 pm

the lappy i have is the 1.8GHz one, i think its screen res is 1024x768, i can make the black bar go away if i have it on dual monitor at that res.

the vid card is the geforce4 420Go, i have tried installing drivers but the installation stops and says there isnt any compatible hardware.

as for ram it came with 256mb but has been upgraded to 512; i dont see how this could effect it but it tells u what pc is it;
Long live the =PiT=

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Thu May 17, 2007 7:03 pm

well u need to get windows to recognise your vid card . [gf4 420go] , and monitor .

now i am not sure but i am betting u havent installed the motherboard chipset driver.
do this if u havent already done so.

try a right click on my computer, then left click properties, left click on hardware , left click on device manager, and click on the computer name/pic at top of the window to highlight and then click computer icon with magnifying glass just above window which says scan for hardware changes.
hopefully this will recognise your vid card! vid card = display device. monitor is listed as monitor.

then have another go at installing your vid card drivers.

BUSTER
Clan Member

Postby BUSTER » Thu May 17, 2007 7:48 pm

You could also check your directx settings it might give you some information that you need. Type in the run box dxdiag.. just if you didnt no ..

..ME..

Postby ..ME.. » Fri May 18, 2007 5:14 pm

i have tried both of those before posting here :S dx says everything is running fine and windows does recognize the vid card; as for monitor there are 3 installed and they keep reinstalling when delete them
Long live the =PiT=

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Fri May 18, 2007 8:17 pm

have u installed the chipset driver for the motherboard in your laptop? from the laptop cd?

u dont seem to make reference to it at all?

u may also need to install a monitor driver from your laptop cd? or web site!

Leone
Clan Member

Postby Leone » Fri May 18, 2007 11:14 pm

Maybe it's just shit?

BUSTER
Clan Member

Postby BUSTER » Sat May 19, 2007 3:54 pm

lol leo :lol:

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”