vista

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

Rusty
Clan Member

Postby Rusty » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:51 pm

For those that want to go LEGIT you can pick up Ultimate OEM for $253. For that price it makes you consider is it worth mucking aroung with WGA fixes every few months just to get updates..... and i reckon there will be plenty for vista.

Leone
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Leone » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:07 pm

Seriously though...still yet to hear a single reason why I should get Vista (until the day I have to have to run something).

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SCUMBAG » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:44 pm

ok so i wont try it lol
my ol heap of shit pc prolly wont run it anyways

Leone
Clan Member

Postby Leone » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:02 pm

lol....800 to 900mb of RAM just for Vista!

disgracian
Clan Member

Postby disgracian » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:38 pm

If you're happy with XP, there isn't a single reason to upgrade. As I said before, when the day comes when nothing will work on XP, I'll upgrade to Linux instead. By then it will probably be good enough to replace Windows.
Cheers,

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:51 am

interesting read at firingsquad is that ther is no performance hit with vista's aeroglass 3d desktop and playing games as they have found out that it is automatically disabled in the background when playing games.
long live the P U T E Y ! :)

Rusty
Clan Member

Postby Rusty » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:37 am

The WoW just got better :lol:

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:48 am

Leone

Yes and no. Developers and publishers have the main say in what gets ported and what doesn't. Hasn't got much to do with MS, if anything at all. Porting is planned LONG before the games are in full development, so OpenGL vs DX questions are worked out well in advance. Vista doesn't make any difference to porting, or least not for any game dev that has read the news in the last year...

But got any linkies Guru? Particularly 3D stuff. Google just brings up the stuff from last year for me Sad

well dont forget M$ have their own games department and they desparately want xbox 360 to succeed in the console market, thats why they have thrown football stadiums of money at it and will continue to do so! they are gradually getting ther too! they have brought some good stuff too ,but the fact that they want to own the industry is not so good!

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/ ... htm?Page=1

http://kotaku.com/gaming/john-carmack/v ... 228230.php

BUSTER
Clan Member

Postby BUSTER » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:39 pm

IV been using it for about a two weeks now and it seems ok :) .I have to use it cos it’s my work. But q3 gamma doesn’t work :( .pb wont update at all :( , NVIDIA don’t have drivers for my video card :( and creative don’t have drivers neither :) .
OOPS DID I ASK FOR SOMETHING?

blink
Admin

Postby blink » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:45 pm

hmm a ratio of happy smilies to sad smilies of 2:3 there buster. vista must have been a bit of a dissappointment.
You and your red fabric robe, glasses and peace pipe in your mouth for that damned split second!

BUSTER
Clan Member

Postby BUSTER » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:58 pm

It is so far although it looks good .I like the photo set up . its got a quick burn option which is good too.Oh and it dosnt support nero or quick books yet.
OOPS DID I ASK FOR SOMETHING?

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:39 pm

in another 12 months it will probly be pretty good when all driver support is up and running properly ! :)

jof
Clan Member

Postby jof » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:48 pm

I'm sticking with Windows 3.11 for now.

Leone
Clan Member

Postby Leone » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:09 am

Maybe I'll get Kami to write an OS for me.....

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:50 am

After a bit of reading around I rekon the only compelling reason to go Vista is if it is required for the new DX10 games coming out. I am particularly looking forward to Hellgate London and Bioshock, and considering that DX10 is vista only, I will upgrade to play these games on my new PC. I realise that if this is the case these companies will be shooting themselves in the foot making these games for Vista only, so atm I am thinking it most likely that I'll be sticking with XP for at least another year

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”