How hard is it to....

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
pinkpussy
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

How hard is it to....

Postby pinkpussy » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:59 am

Create, modify, and launch a webpage?

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~camba/diary_dates.htm

I want to update my multiple birth society's webpage (since it hasn't been touched in 3 yrs LoL :)) but I really don't know how much work & knowledge is required, so I thought you guys might be able to give me an honest opinion.

I need a format which is user friendly and will allow me to update the event dates on a monthly basis. I presume AMBA is hosting the page (someone is hosting it right?) so do the changes need to be made on that main computer (?) or can I update from my computer if someone else is hosting.

Thanks for any plain English replies :D

Pinkie!

Woohoo :kitty:

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:15 pm

well it's very easy! All you need is some motivation, a , an and notepad (or an ) :)

Grab the original source using ftp (you will need someone to give you the ftp address, username and password), edit it with notepad and upload it again using ftp

jof
Clan Member

Postby jof » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:57 pm

Yep, what spud said. Not all that difficult one you get the hang of it and learn the html tags.

Another option if you don't mind the page having a different URL to the one it has now is to set a blog on . It's all hosted for you and then updating the site/blog is as easy as posting to a message board or writing an email. You can then update the site through your web browser.

pinkpussy
Clan Member

Postby pinkpussy » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:45 pm

Woohoo!! So it sounds like this is something that I can attempt to do LoL :D

Thanks for your replies Jof and Spud. I will have a chat with Madam President (HeHe) and see if she cares if the web address moves for the site. Apparently the other lady is no longer a member and it might be difficult to obtain the password etc

If I end up using the blogger one will the page still show in a google/web search?

Pinky :kitty:

pinkpussy
Clan Member

Postby pinkpussy » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:52 pm

I just did a tour of the blogger one and that seems pretty user friendly - I presume that you can add multiple pages/links to next page? Or is there a limit of one page?

I am going to be a bugger with my endless questions - apologies in advance HeHe :D

jof
Clan Member

Postby jof » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:53 pm

jof
Clan Member

Postby jof » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:00 pm

Greatbloke
Clan Member

Postby Greatbloke » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:40 pm

Leone
Clan Member

Postby Leone » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:44 am

pinkpussy
Clan Member

Postby pinkpussy » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:06 pm

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:36 pm

10MB will most likely be 20-30 times more than you'll need Pinky, unless the pictures are freaking HUGE :D

pinkpussy
Clan Member

Postby pinkpussy » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:55 pm

Yay! Thanks Spudly :D

I thought he was laughing at me like 'sure thing love, no way that's going to fit' but perhaps I misinterpreted his evil giggle :twisted:

Thanks so much, I think I am starting to smell the roses again :D

pinkpussy
Clan Member

Postby pinkpussy » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:35 pm

Ok another :?: :?: :?: from me :D

I am now up to the ftp stage - and just wondering if I should d/l just the normal filezilla or do I need the BETA one?

Pinky :P

blink
Admin

Postby blink » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:00 pm

Just download the normal one pinky, you wont notice any difference between them :)
You and your red fabric robe, glasses and peace pipe in your mouth for that damned split second!

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”