How's Internode these days?

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

jof
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

How's Internode these days?

Postby jof » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:06 pm

My contract with Netspace is up soon, thank God! Had nothing but trouble with them the last few months... the quality of their service has gone down the toilet compared to when I was with them 3 or 4 years ago. Constant dns problems, disconnections, service interuptions and outages lately. Rebooting my modem is a daily chore. I've had a bad run was with Exetel before Netspace and had to flee due to poor performance. So, I'm left with the more expensive Node, but I can write it off as a business expense now anyway. I need a solid connection now to work effectively. So, anyone using Node ATM, are they still rock solid like 2 years ago? Any issues you're having with them or aware of with them currently. P2P throttling or shit like that?

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:07 pm

I no complain. No P2P throttling. Solid connection. Like a rock. They don't have the all you can eat plans anymore, largest allowance is 80GB if I recall, and it's fkn expensive.

blink
Admin

Postby blink » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:11 pm

If it's reliability you want, then Internode is the ISP to be with. No P2P throttling... dunno what else to say. I'd recommend them :P
You and your red fabric robe, glasses and peace pipe in your mouth for that damned split second!

disgracian
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby disgracian » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:11 pm

Everyone I know still with them reckons they're awesome. As soon as my missus is off her Bigpong contract, I'm jumping ship ASAP.
Cheers,

jof
Clan Member

Postby jof » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:16 pm

Sounds good then, I'll probably go for the 40Gb 1500/256 plan as soon as my contract is up next month. No ADSL2 in my area unfortunately.

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:03 am

long live the P U T E Y ! :)

disgracian
Clan Member

Postby disgracian » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:24 pm

They also started peering with some big websites in the States recently, like YouTube and the like. My old man downloads torrents like a bastard and has no complaints at all. He also says that often around the billing anniversary, some downloads don't get counted so he can sneak another DVD in without blowing his quota.
Cheers,

jof
Clan Member

Postby jof » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:35 pm

Looks like internode are changing their plans around come Wednesday -> http://www.internode.on.net/rc/rcf.html

disgracian
Clan Member

Postby disgracian » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:22 am

$50/month for usable 1.5mb, 'Node here I come, raging hard-on and all.
Cheers,

oldmanflesh
Clan Member

Postby oldmanflesh » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:46 am

been with internode for around 7 months now and havnt had to call them once. no problems at all here.

jof
Clan Member

Postby jof » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:17 am

Anyone had any experience with their;

"FASTER" High Speed ADSL1 Plans
Up to 8 Megabits per second (wide coverage)

I didn't realise you could get faster than 1500 on adsl1, but it appears so. I can't get adsl2 so I might try this.

disgracian
Clan Member

Postby disgracian » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:56 pm

Telstra only just recently unleashed the mighty mongrel that is ADSL1. It has always had the capacity for 8mb/1mb, but it was only Telstra's artificial 1.5/256 limit that kept things where they were all this time. Even now, they have capped upload speeds at 384kb.
Cheers,

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:42 pm

I am currently debating whether 8MB will be worth the extra $20/month. I can either save $10/month and stay at my speed/allowance, or bust up to 8MB for an extra $10 over my current plan. I'm pretty damn close to my exchange so I'd likely get around 7MB...decisions, decisions...

jof
Clan Member

Postby jof » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:51 pm

Yeah $20 extra is a bit steep. If I couldn't write it off on tax I don't think I'd bother, but I think I'll go with it. Not sure how far I am from my exchange. How do you tell where your exchange is?

disgracian
Clan Member

Postby disgracian » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:41 pm

It's only $4.60 per week more.
Cheers,

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”