Indispensable applications - Freeware only

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

grrrdian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby grrrdian » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:58 am

unlocker - unlock files that are locked invisibly, so you can delete em easily etc.
launchy - application launcher. make launching any program on your computer a breeze, and lightning fast.
slickrun - similar to above, but have to set own shortcuts. can do soo much withh this.
keepass - keep pwd's safe, generator pwd's, easily enter em in to websites etc
strokeit - mouse gestures... windows wide! i use this for so much stuff, and it looks REALLY cool too. my friends come over and are amazed with how efficiently and quickly i do a whole variety of tasks... and how sexy i look while doing it. 8D if you only try one program from my recommendations, try this one.
everything - indexes every single file on your computer, for INSTANT searching. i hhave it bound to windows + w, so if i need to find anything (eg a ql demo or a random song, or a document etc), i press windows + w, and type in name. instant searches. runs in background, indexes files on the fly, without slowing down comp at all. really good.
rainmeter - for win7, can add stuff to desktop, eg weather, time, date, etc

hardy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby hardy » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:00 pm

:/

booGz
Clan Member

Postby booGz » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:29 pm

interesting list grrrdian, gonna have to try some of them out.

of course you just cant beat powershell :p
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

crooGz
Clan Member

Postby crooGz » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:43 pm

Heres what I have thought for a while - whoda thunk that copying and referencing a list that resembles the MFT in RAM would have given the appearance of faster searchiing?

Why oh why 'indexing' and searching the drive takes so long, I have no bloody idea.

*clickety click* 5 TB data - Oh. Now I know why :D

sifz

Re:

Postby sifz » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:20 am

hardy

Postby hardy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:24 pm

http://seconfig.sytes.net/

Decent tool for hardening your system blocking protocols and ports upon a fresh install of windows, think its xp only.

Noobitor
Clan Member

Re:

Postby Noobitor » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:29 pm

Live to Gaunt
Gaunt to Live

jay
Clan Member

Postby jay » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:44 pm

I switched to Avast! antivirus (free like AVG) from AVG free Noob, it seems to be less of a resource hog and has a silent/gaming mode to prevent unwanted updates, scans etc while u play. Might be worth trying if your not liking AVG anymore. :)
Arguing on the internet is like winning the special Olympics. Even if you win you're still a 'tard!

Noobitor
Clan Member

Postby Noobitor » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:09 pm

cool jay will give it a try :)
this a good gaming service stopper too ,used for a while now with no probs and noticable better fps in games

test failed
Last edited by Noobitor on Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live to Gaunt
Gaunt to Live

spud
Wiggles

Re:

Postby spud » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:54 am

Noobitor
Clan Member

Postby Noobitor » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:09 pm

No prob Spud ,and yer I'm always a couple of years behind in upgrades :)
Live to Gaunt
Gaunt to Live

Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:35 pm

recently had a bugger of a rootkit, just couldn't get rid of it, even after using avast bootup scan etc, anyway i found the below anti rootkit killer from kaspersky and it worked a treat, highly recommended.
it's only for the family Rootkit.Win32.TDSS, but theres quite a few of them in different names.
tdsskiller
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/TDSSKiller.shtml

crooGz
Clan Member

Postby crooGz » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:33 am

Combofix - bloody good for killing most trojans, rootkits, malware, redirectors, etc.

Outersquare

Postby Outersquare » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:55 pm

Does Microsoft Windows qualify as Freeware ? I don't remember ever paying for it and it's definitely indispensable!

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:04 am

Windows usuall comes with the cost of your puter. so technically if u have it u did pay for it. =D
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”