WD Raptor Drives

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Rusty
Clan Member

WD Raptor Drives

Postby Rusty » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:03 pm

Does anyone else here have one?

Ive had a 36GB 8MB cache version for about 2 yrs now and been very happy with it. So much so I just bought another 74GB 16MB cache one.

When I first got it i was a bit concerned that it was only going to be slightly faster than a standard 7200rpm drive. But after seeing how fast xp installed on it quickly changed my mind.

They are very quick drives and are ideal as a system drive. Also come with a 5yr warranty. :)
Last edited by Rusty on Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saratoga
Clan Leader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Saratoga » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:39 pm

5yrs on anything electric is great value...
Sounds Brilliant :)
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

BUSTER
Clan Member

Postby BUSTER » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:39 pm

Yep iv got 2 of them in araidarrrrrrray there awesome. I got two 150s too.
OOPS DID I ASK FOR SOMETHING?

Rusty
Clan Member

Postby Rusty » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:00 pm

Yeh a m8 got 2 and striped them in raid, and while in therory the performance was extremely fast real world was only slightly faster than a single drive --> other components became a bottleneck.

But hey of you got the CA$H why not :wink:

BUSTER
Clan Member

Postby BUSTER » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:21 am

of i got the cash i have. And the only bottlenecks i have are on my bar top.
OOPS DID I ASK FOR SOMETHING?

Rusty
Clan Member

Postby Rusty » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:54 am

:thumbsup:

jof
Clan Member

Postby jof » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:05 am

Apart from loading times does it have much impact with games on a decent rig?

Rusty
Clan Member

Postby Rusty » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:14 pm

Well I don't use it to install games on.. only as a system drive.

I wouldn't imagine it would have much impact (as you said.. apart from load times) with games as once the game is loaded the harddrive is pretty much idle till you move onto the next level etc etc.

It would come in handy if you were low on ram and your system was paging alot.

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”