fucking nvidia refresh rates

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
spud
Wiggles

fucking nvidia refresh rates

Postby spud » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:51 pm

I just updated my vid drivers to the latest nvidia WHQL (93.71) version and I can't fucking figure out how to force the refresh rate in games.
With the old drivers there was a way to set refresh rate for 3D games from the control panel - you set it once and it was never an issue again. But the setting doesn't seem to exist anymore and all my games are resetting to 60Hz when I load them up. It's really shitting me to tears.
Before anyone suggests it, I already know about r_displayrefresh for Q3, and it works fine but obviously does fuck all help for other games. The solution needs to be global. It would also be nice if I didn't have to install any 3rd party apps to fix it because I've never had to do so before. I'm probably missing something basic but if anyone can help I'll pay for e-whores to suck your e-dick until it's e-raw.

BTW jof, I've already defragged :P

oldmanflesh
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby oldmanflesh » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:32 pm

from what i read at guru3d there a really buggy driver. might want to revert back to old ones.

jof
Clan Member

Postby jof » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:05 pm

I used to use a utility called Reforce to do it, give that a bash maybe. Or you get an LCD and game away at 60Hz without any problems. :)

And sif I'd suggest defragging for a monitor problem. Much more likely to be related to your current mouse drivers. Try updating those to the latest version.

..ME..

Re: fucking nvidia refresh rates

Postby ..ME.. » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:24 pm

Long live the =PiT=

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:41 pm

damn jof, that worked! Updated to the latest mouseware for logitech and BAM! - refresh rate is now fixed at 120Hz for my resolution. Good work mate!
Nah just fucking with ya :P But there is some righteous e-crabs coming your way brother!

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”