Any of these any good?

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

anomvoltz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Any of these any good?

Postby anomvoltz » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:32 am

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gaming-PC-Sy ... 2a1865d48b

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/INTEL-CORE-i ... 231880fb13

Either of these any good? Lookin for a second hand cheapish pc that I can play the newer games on like bf3 etc.

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SCUMBAG » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:02 pm

the first one is kickarse
the second one is ok (midrange)
i would def go the more expensive one if you can afford it
not a bad price either for what u r getting

anomvoltz

Re: Any of these any good?

Postby anomvoltz » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:08 pm

I just looked at his feedback xD 'No item received, no communication at all, steer clear of this one!'

anomvoltz

Postby anomvoltz » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:46 pm

actually i think ill give it a miss, the one feedback there is bad, and he doesn't say much about why he's selling it or anything, and most of the pics are off the internet not his actual computer. lol f that

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:50 pm

man it is not hard to build ur own
u will get a kickarse system for $1200
especially if you only need the box and no moniter, keyboard ect
i knew fuckall about pc's 4 yrs ago and i have built about 5 now for myself and heaps for friends
1 of my sons has a low budget pc bout $800 and he plays bf3

anomvoltz

Postby anomvoltz » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:03 pm

yer I've never built one.. Unfortunately I do need to get a monitor and keyboard. Thats what I want, something that can run bf3 and mw and shit in all their glory. no more turning everything down to lowest graphics lol.

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:01 pm

man get a alienware keyboard,i got my eldest son one for xmas and it is awsome
http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/prod ... redirect=1
you can get good moniters now for sub $200
http://www.scorptec.com.au/computer/41043-e2441v/
if ya want a hand pm me

anomvoltz

Postby anomvoltz » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:15 pm

130 for a keyboard o.o lol. Thanks man, I had pondered building my own, with parts from pc case gear, and also had a system built on scorptec. i can show u the system i had put together if u want

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:27 pm

ok
arsekrak@gmail.com or pm me the specs
alienware keybourd is fkn awsome
feels good ,looks unfuckinbeleavable and its huuuuuuuuge
that or a g19 or g10
i have the old g15 that i use and its still works after 6 yrs of abuse

anomvoltz

Postby anomvoltz » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:36 am

I'll put it on here incase anyone else has some input :)

This is the scorptec system:

CPU - Intel - BX80623I52500K
MOBO - ASROCK - Z68-EXTREME3-GEN3
MEMORY - Corsair Micro - CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B
HDD - Corsair Micro - CSSD-F60GB3A-BK
CASE - Cooler Master - RC-922M-KKN1
OPTICAL DRIVE - LG - GH22NS70
SOUND CARD - Creative - SBXFI-TITAN-CO
PSU - Antec - TP-750
KEYBOARD - Thermaltake - KB-CHL002AU
HDD #2 - Western Digital - WD10EALX

TOTAL (built and delivered!) $1,387.00.

Theres no graphics card and monitor in there cause I couldn't find a decent monitor on scorptec, and they don't stock the graphics card I want (A 2gb sapphire 6950 with a bios switch unloackable to 6970)

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:02 am

thats a nice system
its up to you but i would change a couple of things ......................
firstly most boards come with pretty good onboard sound ,so i would not bother with a sound card unless
you play a lot of music and even then you prolly wouldnt tell the diff. spud would have a better idea than me on that

and i would not get a ati/radeon graphics card,i would wait till the new nvidia cards come out
i have had a few radeons before and every one of them is a head fuck with the drivers , i know some ppl loven but i dont
every nvidia card i have just works

anomvoltz

Postby anomvoltz » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:51 pm

Yeah well.. I don't reallllyy want to spend that much. =/ I been lookin around ebay and shit for a second hand gaming system as you can tell by my original post lol. Most of the decent setups are pickup only. Is there like, a shortcut? lol. A type of computer that's decent, and you can just pop a good video card in it and wallah!? :D

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:56 pm

i will have a look later and find a happy medium of what i recon would work
are you gunna build it or do you want it built
also where r u ? (city)
if ur near me i will biuld it for for free (i doubt you will be )

crooGz
Clan Member

Postby crooGz » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:43 am

Scumbag - iif you anomvoltz has a webcam, you could supervise the build via skype or similar. It'll give anomvoltz some hands on experience, and save you both a trip.

anomvoltz

Postby anomvoltz » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:20 am

Sure, I'll do it in those jocks you bought me croogz.

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”