so QL doesn't work

A cure for all your hardware/software ailments.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, spud, GURU, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
spud
Wiggles

so QL doesn't work

Postby spud » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:16 pm

Well, I figured I might jump on for a few games this arvo. Installed the plugin, go to jump into a practice map so I can run around and get a feel for the game, but it won't even launch. Game goes to the page with the ad and just hangs, then after about 10 seconds the sound stops, then about 3 or 4 seconds later the sound comes back, the screen goes black and I get a notification that says:

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered
Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has recovered

Did a bit of browsing and it doesn't look promising. I've changed nothing for indeed I cannot get into the game. I'm using:

FF 9.0.1
Radeon 6870 @ stock running Catalyst 11.9
i7 950 @ stock
Gigabyte GA-X5A8-UD3R LGA1366 X58 M/B
Asus Xonar Essence ST
Win 7 Home Premium 64

That's all that seems relevant. I'm hoping there is a fix for this that doesn't involve too much fucking around because my care factor is pretty low. Someone hook us up the fix :D

Saratoga
Clan Leader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Saratoga » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:05 pm

Ive heard the same a couple of places... 2 reported fix's buy doing u/g to Catalyst 11.10v2 other was d/g to Cat 11.8
GL M8
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:59 pm

cheers togz :) I'll upgrade when Catalyst 12.1 gets released and see if that works unless someone else has any ideas?

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:20 pm

hurry the fuck up.......im running out of teabag victims and i know how much u love to be bagged !

and get a real video card........ radeons are shit !

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:56 pm

I'll be springing for top of the line when nVidia release their next gen cards, the Radeon was a cheap hold over to keep me going

Return to “Spud n GURU's Tech Topics”