PiT Homepage

If anything is broken and needs fixing, or you think a new idea is great, let us know.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
INKoRP

PiT Homepage

Postby INKoRP » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:23 pm

I'm sure many of you have thought about this at some stage or another. I've never heard or seen it discussed in much detail but I was wondering if:
A: We want it.
B: We're willing to collaborate to get it to happen.

The idea I had was to look a little more appealing to the visitor and also to make PiT feel a little more well rounded.

Basically I'm talking about a page people land on first with perhaps some of the below, feel free to add your own ideas or point out problems with mine:

The layout I'm sure could be figured out once we determine what should go on there.

Here's some of my ideas in no particular order:

[ ] Shoutbox (Either independant to the forum one or a facsimile)

[ ] Video Gallery (POTM or other QL related vids or VODS from zoot or faceit etc.)

[ ] Downloads (Configs[ours & pros]/HUDs/Tools etc -Linked offsite where possible)

[ ] Links (To network with other clans or Quake related sites 4SG/Wolfcam/ESR etc)

[ ] Portals to iCTF stats/QLRanks (Featuring players or just the clan itself)

[ ] News/Articles/Reviews (Ideally tied into the forum like 4SG to allow for comments etc)

I'd be happy to help with any graphics or writing or sourcing news etc but I realise a lot of this would be up to blinkatesh and Kamikaze.

So, whaddaya say? :D

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:07 pm

yeah sounds good inky! i was just about to post in the members area about starting a =PiT= POTM! Mango has a lot on his plate with the 4sg POTM so i thought we could start our own. i'm willing to edit the entries or if any one would prefer to do their own, i suggest getting wolf whisperer or wolfcam. however wolf whisperer is alot easier to use.

OR

I like the QLRanks idea! perhaps a featured player of the week style get to know your friends/foes!! :D

the forums have gotten pretty quiet of late and not many members kicking about so doing something to get a bit of hype up in here sounds good to me!!!!

LONG LIVE :rockon: =PiT= :rockon: AND ITS KING OF KINGS :bowdown: BALDRICK!!!! :bowdown:
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:43 pm

Not sure if possible but we could look into server monitors so guests can see if there's any servers up.

Also it might be redundant and a little copy cat but irc still has some street cred with Quake pplz...

hardy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby hardy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:26 am

dont forget to ask bomb :P <3

crooGz
Clan Member

Postby crooGz » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:53 am

In principal, the idea is good. What concerns me is that Blink and Kami will get saddled with more work (and potentially more costs) which I think is unfair to them.

INKoRP

Re:

Postby INKoRP » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:44 am

Kamikazee
Admin

Postby Kamikazee » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:44 am

Hey guys. It is achievable. I have been thinking about something similar for some time now anyway; just haven't had a chance to sit down and do it all up. I was more thinking just a landing page that gives general info on the clan, with links to the clan history, the forum and few other tid bits.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:30 pm

Landing page sounds perfect. I might mock something up if I get the time (can remember)

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:08 am

bump... :D

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:37 am

Once I get the PC back I might actually mock something up.

Was also thinking of a twitter feed following the accounts that announce live streams and VOD uploads and stuff

JToombsy
Clan Member

Postby JToombsy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:25 pm

not a bad idea! i think it just has to look as sexy as possible :D and maybe a tribute page to baldy! :)

Return to “Forum Issues and 'Requests'”