The Old Database

If anything is broken and needs fixing, or you think a new idea is great, let us know.

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

Kamikazee
Admin

The Old Database

Postby Kamikazee » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:59 am

Ok. Just so everyone knows.

Without dicking around and beating around the bush for ages. Here is what i can import without troubles.

User accounts
Categories
Forums
Topics

In terms of teh usernames, dont worry you can keep your current one...

At the moment this means, none of the old polls, none of the attachments, none of the pictures.
Now since the old database is static, its easier to change it to suit the new tables (ie duplicate primary keys).

No offence to baldrick or the guys at YaBBse , In my opinion the old database is shit (especially for size).

Status: Completed required table conversion (afaik) , testing on test forum to make sure it is compatable with teh current database. If it works, will convert user_ids of old members to the new accounts (so your old posts become your posts).
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success

jof
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jof » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:47 pm

Nice work mate, you rawk! :rockon:

Saratoga
Clan Leader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Saratoga » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:49 pm

Excellent Work Kami !! :D
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:28 pm

U R DA MAN THER Kami ! sweeeeet ! ;)
long live the P U T E Y ! :)

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:55 pm

Kami, you're a stylish man with class and skill

Rusty
Clan Member

Postby Rusty » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:53 pm

Nice work kami :)

Kamikazee
Admin

Postby Kamikazee » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:49 pm

Just waiting for some technical advice from teh guys at phpbb: on a fix for converting the bbcode etc accross in the posts. Other than that , a few very minor bugs which im trying to fix and its pretty much done.

^_^

Kamikazee
Admin

Postby Kamikazee » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:48 pm

Just to keep everyone informed. My query properly handles the usernames, categories and forums. A few small issues with topics (missing some topics, pretty sure i know why).

So where is the old db at?
Categories - done
Forums - done
Topics - some minor issues being sorted
Usernames - Done and the ppl who have new accounts here, posts have been re-asigned to you.
Smileys .. wont take anything, but i'll do that another time.

Rusty
Clan Member

Postby Rusty » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:09 pm

We all appreciate all the work that yourself, and anyone else, that has made this place happen.

Kamikazee
Admin

Postby Kamikazee » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:42 pm

ah lol. I really should start studying. The import may take a little longer as i wont be spending as much time on it. Majority of the work is done, except I am stuck solving an issue with some of the topics (which i think i know how to fix). ow.. and the bbcode :( .

:( I need to start studying for my Maths exams (differential equations and probability). I dont care about computer science which is on saterday :P , and physics next friday.

I know i made it sound like it would be done pretty soon. Which mind you as long as my solution solves this topic issue it will be :P

Study during the day, hack databases at night....
From about 7pm ESDT till late (like 2am) I will be doing the database so i will be garunteed to be at my machine if anyone wants to chat while my machine is lagged by sql queries ;)

So to sum that up, hang tight it will be here at some point ^_^ .

jof
Clan Member

Postby jof » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:58 pm

Put your exams first Kam. Absolutely no hurry for the DB - it'll still be there after your exams.

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:23 pm

yer wd mate and put ur studies b4 this man !

Kamikazee
Admin

Postby Kamikazee » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:42 pm

lol i am :P Its just this database has become the biggest procrastination tool ever ^_^

lol im not saying "aw sorry guys (and gals) i cant do this , irl needs me" ... its "stfu and wait, it'll be done and ready when i feel like it"
:lol:

ow and btw, i think i also just fixed the bbcode issues :P.
Last edited by Kamikazee on Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blink
Admin

Postby blink » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:42 pm

yeah kami loves this database hacking stuff, it's his hobby!
You and your red fabric robe, glasses and peace pipe in your mouth for that damned split second!

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:52 pm

What??
Your Not Fkn Done Yet!??
Lazy Bastard :D
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>

Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

Return to “Forum Issues and 'Requests'”