warping in the instacomp

All discussions about AiM Tournaments in here please!

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Gubben, Clan Leader

kplxz
Posts: 1320
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: warping in the instacomp

Postby kplxz » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:49 pm

wow

chill pill pls...more lols instead? :)

hardy

Re: warping in the instacomp

Postby hardy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:28 pm

Lmao, the druggie comment returns. You dont even know me mate, im hardly a junkie :p moderation is the key my friend ;)

Look im not trying to argue with you because you seem to love to argue for the sake of an argument. Im merely letting you know you are incorrect. Agreeing to disagree is your friend.. I cant be fucked proving the fps thing because you will only take it out of context and go of on a tangent like always.

User avatar
Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:31 pm

Re: warping in the instacomp

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:31 pm

oh ffs, cmon sketch and hardy,
its a great topic that needs to be discussed, warping seems to becoming an increasing issue whether intended or not.

i dont want to lock the thread nor do i want to ban you sketch, but fk man, you go for the jugular, hardy called you a dickhead, ok that was bad.

just lets end it now ok,

hardy

Re: warping in the instacomp

Postby hardy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:52 pm

Lol sorry but i couldn't help myself :p :)

User avatar
Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:31 pm

Re: warping in the instacomp

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:56 pm

dickhead

iddqd
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:12 pm

Re: warping in the instacomp

Postby iddqd » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:12 pm

Okay then, it's just the problem of warping wont get fixed if people don't know why its happening.

Things that can make you warp;
framerate (per sec) Too high.
improper packet settings
improper router settings
wireless connection
high traffic
high bandwidth

thing that can't make you warp;
framerate (per sec) too low.

Why do you start an argument with me when I'm only trying to contribute to the thread, and then try to make it look like I started it? :? :? :?

hardy

Re: warping in the instacomp

Postby hardy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:18 pm

Mr_Bombadil wrote:dickhead


Haha <3

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frames_p ... -mf-search

Sketch please reference above link. It outlines how fps can impact the warp factor.

kplxz
Posts: 1320
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: warping in the instacomp

Postby kplxz » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:18 pm

hardy616 wrote:
Mr_Bombadil wrote:dickhead


Haha <3

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frames_p ... -mf-search

Sketch please reference above link. It outlines how fps can impact the warp factor.


...not to mention my post earlier of how it was proven in game with 4 old timer players

User avatar
cresh0r
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 6:16 pm

Re: warping in the instacomp

Postby cresh0r » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:22 am

bad net / settings cause warping the most, fps can cause it, but more rare / random :D

+ 1 warping not in comps

OFF TOPIC

iddqd wrote:You aren't a tough guy for calling people names over the internet.

"It only makes you look stupider."

I would consider you too be far more stupid than I am. But then again, I'm not a filthy drug addict.

See? I can call people names over the internet too, the only difference is, I'll get banned and no one will say a single word to you. Simply because, the truth hurts. Go smoke some more crackies in your mother's basement.


....says u aren't tough for calling people names over the internet

....is known for abusing people over the internet over shallow and retarted things.

...gets banned for being a hacker and abusing people...

sketchy logic..its pretty fucked
new sig coming soon meanwhile..LOK OUT - DIKTEKTIV CRISH ON DA CAS

iddqd
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:12 pm

Re: warping in the instacomp

Postby iddqd » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:20 pm

cresh0r wrote:bad net / settings cause warping the most, fps can cause it, but more rare / random :D

+ 1 warping not in comps

OFF TOPIC

iddqd wrote:You aren't a tough guy for calling people names over the internet.

"It only makes you look stupider."

I would consider you too be far more stupid than I am. But then again, I'm not a filthy drug addict.

See? I can call people names over the internet too, the only difference is, I'll get banned and no one will say a single word to you. Simply because, the truth hurts. Go smoke some more crackies in your mother's basement.


....says u aren't tough for calling people names over the internet

....is known for abusing people over the internet over shallow and retarted things.

...gets banned for being a hacker and abusing people...

sketchy logic..its pretty fucked


I only ever "abused" you and hardy. I was never banned for being a hacker. Come to think of it, the majority of people were on my side. I got pm's on quake live and 4sg and pit forums, by many people ( maybe 50? ) saying that they think it's bullshit and they think I'm clean, but they said they don't want their opinions to become public.

I'll repeat what I've said many times, the main people who think I hack, don't even play instagib so their opinion is invalid. (that includes you creshor.) 4sg admins think they run aus quake live. Which is far from the truth.

Anyway cresh, I'm sure you're a mature adult, so there is no need to start fights over the internet. Happy fragging everyone.

User avatar
Saratoga
Clan Leader
Posts: 1770
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:20 pm

Re: warping in the instacomp

Postby Saratoga » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:37 pm

NEWS FLASH !!

Yeah well... this isnt 4sg, sketchy, this is PiT Clan Forums.

You were in fact banned from PiT Clan Forums for hacking and doing what your doing now, being a total dickhead spamming our forum with off topic shit stirring.

Then you crawl behind our members backs sending a PM to the forum admins asking for your nic 'sketchy' to be reinstated, all at the same time you are rejoining the forum with an alias ! ... fuck knows how many other nics you got.

Youve been banned once, youve been warned by a PiT Clan Leader half a dozen posts above.....
Pull ya head in and STFU or i'll ban you again with out notice !

The next off topic post will be deleted and the poster given an infraction !

Carry on gents .........
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

iddqd
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:12 pm

Re: warping in the instacomp

Postby iddqd » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:44 pm

Saratoga wrote:NEWS FLASH !!

Yeah well... this isnt 4sg, sketchy, this is PiT Clan Forums.

You were in fact banned from PiT Clan Forums for hacking and doing what your doing now, being a total dickhead spamming our forum with off topic shit stirring.

Then you crawl behind our members backs sending a PM to the forum admins asking for your nic 'sketchy' to be reinstated, all at the same time you are rejoining the forum with an alias ! ... fuck knows how many other nics you got.

Youve been banned once, youve been warned by a PiT Clan Leader half a dozen posts above.....
Pull ya head in and STFU or i'll ban you again with out notice !

The next off topic post will be deleted and the poster given an infraction !

Carry on gents .........


Not to be rude, but if you read the topic from page one, you will see I was very on-topic. And hardy started flaming. And I wasn't banned for hacking, not even here. I was banned for flaming (which I actually was flaming back then.) Months after my 4sg thread was named inconclusive.

chresh later edited it to guilty in a rage. But that's another story.

ontopic: warping shouldn't be allowed in comps obviously. especially in instagib. But really it's harder for the warper to be hit, than it is to hit the warper. So nobody would be doing it on purpose apart from to capture flags. If you don't want them playing in your comps why don't you just blacklist them?

User avatar
cresh0r
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 6:16 pm

Re: warping in the instacomp

Postby cresh0r » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:58 pm

*Edit - Toga
Off Topic - Wrong Forum
Fkn Sit !
new sig coming soon meanwhile..LOK OUT - DIKTEKTIV CRISH ON DA CAS

iddqd
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:12 pm

Re: warping in the instacomp

Postby iddqd » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:18 pm

*Edit - Toga
Off Topic - Wrong Forum
Fkn Sit !

User avatar
fauX
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:20 am

Re: warping in the instacomp

Postby fauX » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:04 pm

iddqd wrote:But really it's harder for the warper to be hit, than it is to hit the warper.

The statement "it's harder for the warper to be hit" is exactly the same as saying "[it's harder] to hit the warper".

iddqd wrote:So nobody would be doing it on purpose apart from to capture flags.?

The statement "nobody would be doing it on purpose' is rendered irrelevant by the subsequent statement of "apart from to capture flags".

In any case, the upshot of these statements is to suggest people do warp on purpose to help them capture the flag. This makes sense since the only people I see receiving warping complaints just happen to be on flag attack duty. That doesn't automatically mean they are warping on purpose, since it would be stupid to leave a warping player on defense because it should be harder for them to hit a target too. But, neither does it suggest they aren't doing it on purpose. Interestingly, I've noticed certain players warping in a comp who I've never seen warping in a pub server. That definitely raises questions, but again innocent until proven guilty - and being proven guilty is almost impossible to do in this case due to the variables involved.

Given that all the variables make proving warping as a deliberate action almost impossible, there is a simple solution. If you are warping, it is evident to everyone AND can be proven with a demo, and if it can't be resolved with a timeout, you have to drop out of the game in favor of a sub (or if no sub is available, bad luck). That's the solution. Apply a zero tolerance rule to warpers and then, with that, all problems associated to players who deliberately warp will be resolved. Then the only remaining warpers will be players who can't help it and they will know that, because of the rules, it just sucks for them to have to drop out - but at least they won't be considered cheats. That's my view. Besides, they can use the time they're not playing to sort out their warping issue :P

If people don't think that's a simple solution I respectfully disagree. We're not talking about a huge player base here. We're talking about a select few individuals and, from my perspective, most of whom seem to play just fine without warping most of the time in pub games. The fact that they suddenly start warping in time for comp games is something they need to sort out and resolve, not something the rest of us need to be saddled with. I'll bet if you apply this rule the number of players suffering warping will fall to almost zero, if not zero. But if it doesn't, the number of warpers in the comp will and in the end that's a benefit for the vast majority of people who don't warp either deliberately or by accident.


Return to “AiM Instagib Tournament”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest