warping in the instacomp

All discussions about AiM Tournaments in here please!

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Gubben, Clan Leader

kidToni78
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: warping in the instacomp

Postby kidToni78 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:56 pm

kplxz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby kplxz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:58 pm

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:58 pm

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:03 pm

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:04 pm

kidToni78

Postby kidToni78 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:48 pm

lawl sending in demos is completely unneccessary, just make sure they are all recorded. sure people aren't sending in demos, but nobody has made any accusations of hacking so why does it matter?

fauX

Postby fauX » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:09 pm

bucknorris

Postby bucknorris » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:49 pm

Warping definitely should prevent you from playing in a insta comp match. Didn't get to play this tourney, but it definitely occurred and influenced results in the first 2 aims.

I think people didn't raise it as much because we appreciated how much effort was required just to run the comps mate, and didn't want to chuck you in the middle of a dispute about warping. Particularly since most of the insta regulars were mainly playing for fun not prizes. That attitude is somewhat different to our 4sg overlords, so that's likely why there's more mention of it in this tourney. (no offence to the 4sg guys)

The only way to police it will be to have you nominate refs for the tourney, and have them in comp matches to rule on this, otherwise a rule that outlaws warping could easily be abused. I'm sure some people won't mind taking on that role if you need help with it.

While we're on the topic, there should be a ping cutoff too imho :)

kidToni78

Postby kidToni78 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:26 pm

frodo
Clan Member

Postby frodo » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:27 pm

Ban high or low???

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:36 pm

Yeah... ban all uz sub 100fkrs :naughty: :roll:
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

bucknorris

Postby bucknorris » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:29 pm

I originally meant ban high, but what I had in mind was those situations where you have a match on sydney, with 9/10 players easties and 1 perth player. That perth player causes a problem for the other team, because the pnig difference impacts how hard it is to hit them (in my experience anyway). Like last night I played a pub game, and one teams was easties, the other perth folks, and I had tons of rails going through people the whole time.

I guess more consideration of match location would balance out that equation though, but it would mean if a team had a perth player, then the whole match would have to be played on adelaide to make it fair for everyone. Anyway maybe there's no soultion, but certainly playing a person with 70+ ping when you're on about 30 or less is a problem. I wouldn't play insta at such a high ping but that's just me.

iddqd

Postby iddqd » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:35 pm

kidToni78

Postby kidToni78 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:15 pm

fauX

Postby fauX » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:53 pm

This thread is about warping. In at least two cases players who were complained about for warping were playing on an Adelaide server, and that was after their ping improved over what it was in Sydney. So since this thread isn't about team average ping but is about warping, it seems server location is quite irrelevant to addressing the warping problem.

Return to “AiM Instagib Tournament”