warping in the instacomp

All discussions about AiM Tournaments in here please!

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Gubben, Clan Leader

bucknorris

Re: warping in the instacomp

Postby bucknorris » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:38 pm

kidToni78 wrote:
thats not true at all. first of all, their hitability makes no difference unless they are actually SPIKING. it's easy to hit someone on 350 ping if their jitter is only like 1msec (i.e. if they have a stable connection). if you had rails going through people, you were either probably on an adelaide server, or you had timenudge on? or they were WARPING. high ping is NOT warping. also, if there is one westie on a team, the match would still be played in sydney. it's based on the server with the smallest difference in the teams average pings which is shown in a set of brackets at the top of each teams scoreboard. so e.g. if we had aeol playing (who pings 65 to syd) it wouldn't make a difference because our average ping would be ~30 on sydney (assuming the rest of us are easties). but if we had aeol, kilotr, and rawrberry playing, the ping average could go up to ~58 on sydney. in which case a team with average ping 58 cannot be expected to play a team with average ping of <30. therefore if you go to adelaide, nearly everyone has around 40-45 ping.

Yeah I am not arguing the theory behind it, just what I experience in game. I have trouble hitting people on 70+ ping ,when rails actually hit/go through the enemy model on my screen, but no kill registered. No time nudge and sydney server, no visible graphic lag or anything like that either. Others have mentioned the same problem to me (in pub matches) so I am not alone. Possibly we are the minority though and possibly it isn't an issue. Just stated it in passing, warping is a bigger (and different) issue in comps and that's the topic of this thread so lets leave it at that.

kidToni78

Re: warping in the instacomp

Postby kidToni78 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:20 pm

fauX wrote:This thread is about warping. In at least two cases players who were complained about for warping were playing on an Adelaide server, and that was after their ping improved over what it was in Sydney. So since this thread isn't about team average ping but is about warping, it seems server location is quite irrelevant to addressing the warping problem.

yeah, the reason i mention server location was because buck did, but most people don't seem to understand that i could play in Korean servers and have 0 warp, if my connection is stable.

bucknorris wrote:Yeah I am not arguing the theory behind it, just what I experience in game. I have trouble hitting people on 70+ ping ,when rails actually hit/go through the enemy model on my screen, but no kill registered. No time nudge and sydney server, no visible graphic lag or anything like that either. Others have mentioned the same problem to me (in pub matches) so I am not alone. Possibly we are the minority though and possibly it isn't an issue. Just stated it in passing, warping is a bigger (and different) issue in comps and that's the topic of this thread so lets leave it at that.

The reason is that because most people over 70 ping are over 70 ping because of some sort of connection problem. Most people from perth with a stable connection ping up to about 65.

Return to “AiM Instagib Tournament”