AiM iCTF Tourney #3 - Screenshots & Results - Post Here !!

All discussions about AiM Tournaments in here please!

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Gubben, Clan Leader

mickzerofive
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: AiM iCTF Tourney #3 - Screenshots & Results - Post Here

Postby mickzerofive » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:00 pm

I'm fairly upset that we were told to play the match out even though you apparently "disqualified" us. I'm even more upset that there is talk about not being paid despite being told to play.

Could I please get an official statement from Gubben on the resolution of this tournament ending

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:49 pm

kplxz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby kplxz » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:46 pm

This last comp appears to have taken a tail spin at some point.

On behalf of all players I wanna thank gubs and H again - this ICTF comp when it's on is by far the most energisingly fun time in QL (this excludes the non stop lols ICTF has). Having such experienced players from the Div1 pool enter in it has always been a surprise to me and at the same time setting up a nice goal of beating them...but I really think this is best suited to the fun maxout crew if j00 knows what I mean?

I remember when Torchez and hardy and you and I talked about the idea of a comp a lil while ago now, didn't think all this would happen! Congrats :) On the flip side I'm sure there's an easier, not so serious way to hold an ICTF comp?

I dunno....I just feel for you at times like this gubs...I wonder how much you also get to enjoy the comp while it's on? Delegate more? I dunno.

Either way - thanks gubs and H :)

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:49 pm

mick,

|dK| were eliminated because they didnt show up on the day of play. PiT Red played without their proper members in one match because they couldnt all make it on the day of play and others have been eliminated for the same reason. The (amended) rules are quite specific that you have a week leading up to the day of play to schedule the match and if not then the default day of play is sunday. If you are a no show, its a forfeit.

cy@ and i4d$ not only didnt turn up on the day of play, they didnt turn up for several weeks after the day of play, no word to comp organiser, no courtesy contact to say for one reason or another that the match couldnt be played. I posted several times that i was not happy about this and that this pretty much resulted in a forfeit. cy@ and other 4SG members for the large part cbf coming to this forum or reading the details on the posts i make on 4SG. If you did you would see that your disinterest in the comp displayed a lack of courtesy. You guys couldnt even post a screenshot, let alone demos.

We pledged the money, we will cough it up. But i dont know why 4SG teams seem to think they have priviledges no one else has. What would you do mick if teams treated your comps with such disregard? I decided to put up some prize money to make it a little more exciting and others like Hardy, smokin and inKorp followed suit. 4SG players just play for the money. I guess that is to be expected, but at least bring a degree of goodwill to the game and not treat it like a piece of shit. Thing is, all the other teams would have been stoked to play in the final, money or not. I asked several times when the match would be played and you guys (if you could be fucked responding at all) said it would be this weekend then next friday and so on, after a point i gave up on you guys. I didnt even know it was on on the sunday, it was cresh that mentioned it to me sunday arvo. If he hadnt told me i wouldnt have seen it at all, as i was going out on the sunday night.

So yeah, sorry you "had" to play ictf. PM me your bank details and we'll sort it out.

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:09 pm

well said gubben ! :thumbsup:
next time have no prize money and the "leet" players wont bother ! :nono:
cudos to you for doing a great job :bowdown:

our comps are way to laid back for the pro's mate, we play for fun !

some people think you have more credibility and you are a better person if your a div1 player ( well thats how it has always seemed)
the reason they cant be fucked turning up or having any common courtesy is cause they all think insta is for noobs and they would never play it (except if there is prize money )

bit sad really !

Mr_Bombadil
Clan Leader

Postby Mr_Bombadil » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:03 am

yeah very well spoken gubs :) , and fk man cudos for hanging in there.

definately no fkn money if theres any future comps, having said that i dont blame teams that entered just to win the money, i would if i thought i could make a $100 big ones lol.

i also welcome div1 standard players, its unreal to see how good some people are, infact tiers give me the shits, just breeds cry babies lol.
what gives me the shits is the arrogant fuckers that put shit on ictf, then enter a ictf comp lol, like fk man ofcourse its simple and noob friendly, perfect for fraggers that just want to have fun eh.
guess im trying to say if anyone doesnt like ictf or thinks its beneath them lol :roll: , dont enter a ictf comp that others really enjoy as you'll just be a fkn downer to everyone.

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:28 pm

wow and I thought gubs' post was succinct....bomba nice one!

- definately no fkn money if theres any future comps
+1 - the comp was setup for fun. it's been interesting to see during and after the comps who talks about it, who relishes it and then who spreads ICTF hatred (lol it's a game but oh noooo ICTF is the mark of the devil or the complete fool apparently in come circles).

- having said that i dont blame teams that entered just to win the money, i would if i thought i could make a $100 big ones lol.
yeah I would too but i'd use my manners ;)

- i also welcome div1 standard players, its unreal to see how good some people are, infact tiers give me the shits, just breeds cry babies lol.
+1 to this too...played CS for many years (no tiers to this day) and the fun factor was never ruined by skill differenced. oddly enough the positive thing about this is the tight-knit communities in QL that a rarely found in CS imo

- what gives me the shits is the arrogant fuckers that put shit on ictf, then enter a ictf comp lol, like fk man ofcourse its simple and noob friendly, perfect for fraggers that just want to have fun eh.
yeah doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out imo but I guess when you're busy maintaining muscle memory on a keyb and mouse in QL maps day after day there's not much time left to work out what it is to be an asshole...

- guess im trying to say if anyone doesnt like ictf or thinks its beneath them lol :roll: , dont enter a ictf comp that others really enjoy as you'll just be a fkn downer to everyone.
snap.

:)

anyway - i have seen a bunch of eliteism myself in QL since getting into it more and more, causing all sorts of disharmony in the game and killing the fun. at the same time i've seen this change and eliteist players drop their bravado and get back into loling and the like...

bring on the harmony and to any div1 player reading this thanks for any work you might've done in passing on the fun of playing QL to others! players (div1 or not) like bwaisey, higherorderpoles, the founder of 2g (i forget his name), cresh, mick, aeol, kilotr, and more (you knows who you are, yeah you knows :) ) have been great to watch as they take their time and patience, and enjoyment and knowledge of the game and pass it on to others.

game on live on rock on :)

mickzerofive

Postby mickzerofive » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:12 pm

mickzerofive

Postby mickzerofive » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:26 pm

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:51 pm

hey mick before i submitted that post i was going to say none of it was directed at you

also it was prolly a little strong

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:55 pm

mickzerofive

Postby mickzerofive » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:06 am

All good thanks for clearing that up!

cresh0r

Postby cresh0r » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:38 pm

personally, i find iCTF boring and really simple,but putting money into any competition makes it less fun and more of a serious comp..maybe keep money out of future ones, or make 2 divisions and give money for the lower division who actually respect ictf and enjoy playing it, rather then teams which think its crap or only generally play it for money and turn up when they want too etc :/ lol

also, thanks for the name mention kplxz XD
new sig coming soon meanwhile..LOK OUT - DIKTEKTIV CRISH ON DA CAS

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:45 am

grrrdian

Postby grrrdian » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:56 pm

Return to “AiM Instagib Tournament”