AiM iCTF Tourney #3

All discussions about AiM Tournaments in here please!

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Gubben, Clan Leader

grrrdian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: AiM iCTF Tourney #3

Postby grrrdian » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:25 pm

i know velvetk from ra3, he's an old player. he's fairly decent, im 99.99% sure thats not mr.sparkle.

anyway, adding soax to my lineup. thanks dox for letting me know re: mzry/darwin

EroticSumo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby EroticSumo » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:31 am

I miss you Mr Sparkle :(

zOtax

Postby zOtax » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:23 pm

wuld we be able to still compete :< if so:

Hidden Talent:

Captain - zOtax
- Matttttttttt
- Frazie
- Jolteon
- Spekyr

Were still looking for at least 2 more players.

Cheers, zot.
Last edited by zOtax on Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zOtax

Postby zOtax » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:44 pm

oh Woah, first of all what i said was 'fine i was mrsparkle all along' as a joke...and expected ppl to think it was a joke, but obviously it wasn't and I'm very silly for thinking that. I'm not that fukin gud anyway. sheesh... dafeq....mann CRAP i feel so so sos sos ssososososo bad now. Im sorry Faux :( and i didn't see your message asking if i was serious. Im not an alias... u may know me by my old name instinct, and that was the only name I've ever had. Plus i don't even know who VelvetK is. I asked if i could join inevitable as ht didn't have enuff members to compete and as I noticed that they were interested in insta. I saw on 4sg that apparently there was a hacker in l, so me being the smartalic i am posted that, and soon found out that it was disbanded. I didn't realise this was because of me, and tried to contact faux asking why u disbanded the clan many many times, though he didn't respond. I then thought since l, disbanded i may aswell try to get a team going, still not knowing I was one of the reason why they did disband.. Ask anyone that have known me for a while and they can assure you that I definitely don't hax nor am i Mr_Sparkle. Check my profile and look at my stats and how long I've been playing, I'm not an alias.

I am very very very sorry for the confusion, and forgive my grammar please as I was in a hurry while writing this.

- zOtax.
Last edited by zOtax on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fauX

Postby fauX » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:22 am

Hey Zotax, don't worry mate, I think few if any people honestly think you are this Mr. Sparkle character. I posted about your comment only to give people a better understanding of what went down in my overall thinking to pull out of the tourney.

As far as me disbanding the clan goes, you and VelvetK were already removed at that time, so I can honestly say I didn't disband the clan because of anything you or he personally did. Once again, I'm not accusing you, he, or anyone for that matter of anything.

This isn't the place to go into I, clan issues (which is old and unimportant news anyway now as far as I'm concerned), but to clarify just a little just in case any of the old team want to/get to play in the tourney, the clan was disbanded after I and Rukuss (our 2nd in command) weighed up just how tight knit the clan really was vs the problem of one of our members being a hacker under an alias. We both think we made the best decision under the circumstances while also both recognizing it remains possible that this Sparkle guy is a liar and was never actually in our clan at all.

It's just one of those things mate, but thanks for your apologetic post nonetheless. :)

PS. I didn't ignore you. I replied. I've been using the /tell function to talk privately. However, it appears people don't get those messages. I don't know who does though hahaha :P

zOtax

Postby zOtax » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:40 pm

ah alrite thanks man! glad its all finished now.

grrrdian

Postby grrrdian » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:37 pm

adding stan to our lineup, just in case he's ever around :F

frodo
Clan Member

Postby frodo » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:06 am

:D

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:34 am

Ok, so here is the first round lineups. Poster says it all. Please note mandatory DEMO recording for every player, every game and submitting these demos after each match. Failure to do so will result in forfeit.

Map pool has taken into consideration poll vote (but was not bound by it) and feedback re maps, so hope everyone is happy.

Game time each week is set for sundays again, though this comp there will be only one round of games per day of play so you are in an out between 6-8.30ish. (Exception given to Finals day where remaining loser bracket teams may have to play two matches to reach finals.)

Top four seeded teams have a bye this week. They are:

1. cy@
2. i4d$
3. V.
4. 101

The rest were shuffled and drawn as per poster. Sorry for the delay in getting this info, ive been house moving over past two weeks and offline without a connection.

Thanks once again to smokin, inkorp and hardy for adding to the prize money pool which now totals $500.

GL & HF
Attachments
AiM #3 1st round Poster rev.jpg

grrrdian

Postby grrrdian » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:38 am

btw, i never asked for mzry to be removed from my roster, wtf. if he's available, ill be fielding him ;o

kidToni78

Postby kidToni78 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:00 pm

why no courtyard? it got like the best response on hardy's map pool vote?

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:36 am

ok some last minute changes, if i add a13th team, ie ht, anyone got a problem with that? It would mean that only seeds 1,2 & 3 would have a bye this week with the rest playing as is and 101 would vs ht.

Otherwise, VISA have a full team and signed up before the cutoff date so there you have it.

I worked till about 2.30am last night putting that bracket and poster together, excluding Courtyard might have been a result of my fatigue and rush to get the info out (because ive been offline for the past week and it needed to be up). Obviously trying to please everyone never works. By popular demand Courtyard will replace Stonekeep...

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:28 am

I'm all for more teams

And yay for Courtyard

Stonekeeps ok for public but I'd rather play Courtyard

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:51 pm

Stonekeep and Infinity are out and Courtyard and Ironworks are in, i hope thats the end of the map moaners.

re Ht, sorry guys, you missed the cut off date, the bracket's done and after almost 50 views of the thread only one person bothered to reply. Next time.

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:47 pm

With regards to scheduling of games:

This Sunday the first round matches will go ahead as planned at the default time.

After the results are posted on the bracket (http://intothepit.org/aim-instagib/3) this Sunday night, rounds 2, 3, 4 can be played anytime from Monday 10th (17th 24th & 1st respectively) to the following Sunday.

It is up to you to organise your team’s match with your opponent. If you haven’t scheduled the game during the week and fail to show on Sunday at the default time, you forfeit the match.

Can you please ensure the server name is identified as AiM when playing the comp so that it is recorded on the demo.

Return to “AiM Instagib Tournament”